In an earlier article, The London Telegraph questioned whether the European Commission's new Equal treatment directive might be "an instrument of oppression" aimed at the Catholic Church and other religious groups, submitting them to lawsuits by various opposition groups (The Wanderer, 13 Aug.
What does ETD stand for?
ETD stands for Equal Treatment Directive (EU)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of ETD
We have 108 other meanings of ETD in our Acronym Attic
- End of Train Device (railroads/trains)
- End Trade Drawdown (finance)
- Énergies et Territoires Développement (French: Energy and Territories Development)
- Energy Technology Development
- Energy Technology Division
- Enhanced Trickle-Down (water acidification model)
- Enlisted Training Directorate
- Enlisted Training Division
- Enter the Death (French forum)
- Entering Temperature Difference (heat exchange)
- Equipo Terminal de Datos (Spanish: Data Terminal Equipment)
- Estimated Time of Death
- Estimated Time of Delivery
- Estimated Time of Departure
- Estuary Transit District (Connecticut, USA)
- European Telework Development
- Européenne Techniques Diffusion (French: European Distribution Techniques)
- Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
- Exchange Traded Derivative
- Exclusive Thai Decor (Thailand)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The European Commission is considering an equal treatment directive which would oblige landlords to make 'reasonable adjustments' for disabled people to their accommodation.
The review is required by European Community Law which states that the UK Armed Forces are bound to conduct a review every eight years, under the Equal Treatment Directive, the MoD said.
Age Concern said the UK Employment Equality (Age) Regulations breached the EU's Equal Treatment Directive, which bans employment discrimination on grounds of, amongst other things, age.
Discriminating circumstances Lawyers for Age Concern told a hearing earlier this year that the UK Employment Equality (Age) Regulations breach the EU's Equal Treatment Directive, which bans employment discrimination on the grounds of, among other things, age.
Percy claims that was superseded by the Equal Treatment Directive of 1976.
The recently introduced European Equal Treatment Directive will make it easier for women to complain about inappropriate behaviour and remarks of a lewd and sexual nature in the workplace.
The TUC said changes under the European Equal Treatment Directive would strengthen laws against sexual harassment.