To identify the suspected disease agent (members of the species Bluetongue virus or Epizootic hemorrhagic disease virus), we performed virus isolation and reverse transcription PCR on tissues (heart, liver, lung, and bowel) from the pygmy brocket deer.
What does EHD stand for?
EHD stands for Epizootic Hemorrhagic Disease
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EHD
We have 53 other meanings of EHD in our Acronym Attic
- Economic and Human Development (various organizations)
- Economic Hardship Deferment (student loans)
- Electro-Hydraulic Discharge
- Electronic Home Detention (security; various locations)
- Engineering Hardware Description
- English Historical Documents (Eyre and Spottiswoode publication)
- Enterprise Help Desk
- Entreprendre pour Humaniser la Dépendance (French: Business for Humanizing Dependence; home care)
- Environmental Health Directorate
- Equivalent Hydraulic Diameter (tubing measurement)
- External Hard Disk (aka External Hard Drive)
- External Hard Drive
- Extra Hit Dice (Dungeons & Dragons gaming)
- Extreme Hedge Divers (gaming group)
- Epizootic Hemorrhagic Disease Virus Serotype 1
- Edinburgh Human Developmental Anatomy (database; UK)
- Edmonton Highland Dancing Association (Canada)
- Elizabethton Housing and Development Agency (est. 1969; Elizabethton, TN)
- Exploration Hypothesis Development Award (Department of Defense)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Jeff Johnson, Nebraska A Yes, Jeff, as I write this in early August, Nebraska has already had deaths from Epizootic Hemorrhagic Disease (EHD) along the Platte River.
Walter Cottrell, Pennsylvania Game Commission wildlife veterinarian, today announced that epizootic hemorrhagic disease (EHD) has been confirmed as the cause of death for a deer in Montgomery County.
Epizootic hemorrhagic disease (EHD) is suspected, which has been confirmed in Beaver and Westmoreland counties and is suspected in Allegheny and Cambria counties.
The genus Orbivirus contains several viruses such as bluetongue virus (BTV; 26 serotypes), epizootic hemorrhagic disease virus (EHDV; 8 serotypes), and African horse sickness virus (AHSV; 9 serotypes).
Walter Cottrell, Pennsylvania Game Commission wildlife veterinarian, announced that epizootic hemorrhagic disease (EHD) has been confirmed as the cause of death for two deer in Beaver County.
The recent emergence of novel orbivirus strains (including BTV and epizootic hemorrhagic disease virus) in Europe, North America, Asia, and Australia (8) is of major concern to the worldwide livestock industry.
16, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Pennsylvania Game Commission officials today announced that test results from a wild deer have confirmed that epizootic hemorrhagic disease (EHD) has been found in Northampton County.