We have generated preliminary data demonstrating that stimulated intestinal epithelial cells release proteolytic activity predominantly on the basolateral side, suggesting that epithelium-derived proteases could then modify mucosal physiology and participate to the dialogue between epithelium and other mucosal cells such as enteric neurons.
What does EPI stand for?
EPI stands for Epithelium
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EPI
We have 309 other meanings of EPI in our Acronym Attic
- Environmental Performance Indicator
- Environmental Policy Institute (St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada)
- Environmental Priorities Initiative
- Environmental Professional Intern (IPEP)
- Environmental Professionals, Inc. (various locations)
- Épilepsie Progression Intégration (French epilepsy association)
- Epinephrine (adrenaline)
- Epson Portland, Inc. (Hillsboro, OR)
- Equipamento de Proteção Individual (Portuguese: Personal Protective Equipment)
- Equipement de Protection Individuelle (French: personal protective equipment (climbing))
- Equipo de Protección Individual (Spanish: Personal Protective Equipment)
- Equivalent Premium Income (insurance)
- Escola Prática de Infantaria (Portuguese: Practical School of Infantry)
- Espace Public Internet (French: Internet Public Space)
- Espaces Pédagogiques Interactifs (French: Interactive Teaching Spaces)
- Estimated Premium Income
- Études et Prestations Informatiques (French: Computer Studies and Services)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Tunnel clusters" representing glandular inclusions of the surface epithelium within the stroma may be seen in long-standing cases.
These nerve cells are located on a postage-stamp-size membrane, called the olfactory epithelium, that lines the nasal cavity.
This is based primarily on the assumption that this epithelium is the type at highest risk for neoplastic progression.
9780470059517 The pulmonary epithelium in health and disease.
The researchers "also observed an insignificant increase in incidence of malignant schwannomas of the peripheral nerves in males, as well as hyperplasia of the olfactory epithelium in males and females.
Similarly, we did not find viral antigen in bronchiolar epithelium in the lung sections.
05% crystal violet detected Barrett's epithelium with 89% sensitivity, 86% specificity, and 88% diagnostic accuracy in 100 patients with suspected short-segment Barrett's esophagus.