These results demonstrate the potential of mGlu5 inhibition as a novel approach for the treatment of multiple types of dystonias, as well as other rare neurological conditions including familial hemiplegic migraine type 1, episodic ataxia type 2, and periodic paralysis.
What does EA-2 stand for?
EA-2 stands for Episodic Ataxia Type 2 (autosomal dominant disorder)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- External Affairs
- External Alarm
- External Associate
- Jeff Ellis & Associates (lifeguard certification company)
- Early Activation Antigen 1
- Electronic Arts Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment (Sweden)
- Electrically Alterable Read-Only Memory
- Environmental Analysis and Control
- Environmental Analysis and Monitoring
- Episodic Ataxia Type 1 (vertigo)
- Edgewood Area - Aberdeen Proving Ground (MD)
- Erythrocyte Antigen B Locus
- Executive Agent for Corporate Information
- Extracerebral Artery to a Cerebral Vein
- Early Antigen Diffuse Component (Epstein-Barr virus)
- Electro-Absorption Modulator Integrated Distributed Feedback Laser
- Electron Attachment-Equation Of Motion Coupled Cluster
- Environmental Assessment and Regulatory Impact Review
- Early Antigen/Viral Capsid Antigen
- Engineering Aide First Class (Naval Rating)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Other diseases affect the central nervous system, such as familial hemiplegic migraine (FHM), episodic ataxia type 2 (EA-2), and spinocerebellar ataxia type 6 (SCA6).