Thacker, a member of APHA's Epidemiology Section, served as the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Epidemiology Program Office from 1989 to 2004.
What does EPID stand for?
EPID stands for Epidemiology
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EPID
We have 12 other meanings of EPID in our Acronym Attic
- Evaluation of Pay-Off of IR Countermeasures Suppression
- Experimental Physics & Industrial Control System
- Extrusion Production Information and Control System (software package for the aluminum extrusion industry)
- Electronic Proceedings of the International Conference on Technology in Collegiate Mathematics (journal)
- Estes Park Internet Computer Users Group, Inc. (Estes Park, Colorado, USA)
- Electronic Portal Imaging Device (radiotherapy)
- Electrophoretic Image Display (electrical engineering)
- Elvis Perkins in Dearland (band)
- Enhanced Proportional Integral Derivative
- Every Page Is Different (printing)
- Every Person Is Different
- Extended Pan (Pan-Access Network) ID (Identification; computing)
- East Pakistan Industrial Development Corporation
- Environmental Protection and Industrial Development Commission (now Environmental Protection and Development Authority-Ras Al Khaimah; United Arab Emirates)
- Établissement Public d'Insertion de la Défense (French public administrative institution)
- Exotic Plant Invasions: Deleterious Effects on Mediterranean Island Ecosystems (research project)
- Exploration and Production Integrated Drilling Operations and Reservoir Information System
- European Patent Information and Documentation Systems
- Educational Products Information Exchange
Samples in periodicals archive:
It covers the major concepts, principles, methods, and applications of both conventional and modern epidemiology using clear language and frequent examples to illustrate important points and facilitate understanding.
Name of the book: THE DEVELOPMENT OF MODERN EPIDEMIOLOGY Personal reports from those who were there Edited by: Walter W.
Nonimmune travelers to hepatitis A (HA)-endemic countries carry a substantial risk of acquiring the disease, yet little is known about the epidemiology of HA virus (HAV) infection in travel-associated outbreaks.
Epidemiology is the branch of medicine that studies disease in population groups as small as a neighborhood or as large as the entire world.
LONDON, February 1 /PRNewswire/ -- - Lulit Solomon is Named Global Director of Epidemiology The Board of Datamonitor plc, the Premium Business Information Company, is pleased to announce the appointment of Lulit Solomon as Global Director of Epidemiology.
Thus, qualitative methods such as ethnography may become an interdisciplinary companion to epidemiology (Kaufman and Cooper 2001; O'Campo 2003).
At present, a good deal is known about what can be termed the "static" epidemiology of obesity: what the overweight population looks like at a given point in time in terms of demographic and health-related characteristics.