Human adenoviruses (HAdVs) are common pathogens that cause several diseases, such as pneumonia, acute gastroenteritis, and epidemic keratoconjunctivitis (1).
What does EKC stand for?
EKC stands for Epidemic Keratoconjunctivitis
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EKC
We have 28 other meanings of EKC in our Acronym Attic
- Erster Kölner Barbershop Chor (German: First Cologne Barbershop Chorus; Cologne, Germany)
- Enormous Knowledge Base of Disease Diagnosis Criteria
- Evangelische Kirchengemeinde Bergen-Enkheim (German: Evangelical Church of Bergen-Enkheim; Frankfurt, Germany)
- Extended Kalman-Bucy Filter
- Edgeworth-Kuiper Belt Object (astronomy)
- Evangelischen Kirche Berlin-Brandenburg-Schlesische Oberlausitz (German: Evangelical Church Berlin-Brandenburg-Silesian Upper Lusatia)
- Eastman Kodak Company
- Edinburgh Kendo Club (martial arts; Edinburgh, Scotland, UK)
- Elektroenergetski Koordinacioni Centar (Serbian: Electric Power Coordination Center; Belgrade, Serbia)
- Escondido Kids' Club (Palo Alto, CA)
- European Kennel Club
- Everest Kanto Cylinder Ltd. (est. 1978; India)
- Every Kilowatt Counts (power saving convention; Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- East Kent Clinical Audit Service (health care monitoring; UK)
- East King County Bar Association (Washington)
- East Kilbride Cricket Club (Scotland)
- Eastern Kentucky Correctional Complex
- Eastern Kings Chamber of Commerce (Kentville, NS)
- East King County Chambers of Commerce Legislative Coalition (Bellevue, WA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
4-6) The focal inflammation may also be a reaction to microorganisms and/or their metabolic products, eg, to bacterial toxins (see later), or in later stages of epidemic keratoconjunctivitis (EKC) associated with adenoviral infections.
They include epidemic keratoconjunctivitis, resulting in loss of visual acuity due to corneal affection and hemorrhagic conjunctivitis caused by enterovirus.