Further implicating an inflammatory component, granules of eosinophils contain highly cationic proteins, such as major basic protein, eosinophil peroxidase, and eosinophil protein X have been noted in the effusions.
What does EPX stand for?
EPX stands for Eosinophil Protein X (biochemistry)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EPX
We have 1 other meaning of EPX in our Acronym Attic
- Expatriate Professional Women's Society (Shanghai, China)
- Estes Park Winter Sports Club (Estes Park, CO, USA)
- El Prado Water and Sanitation District (New Mexico)
- Environmental Protection and Waste Services Division (Oak Ridge National Laboratory; Tennessee)
- Enemy Prisoner of War/Civilian Internee Status
- Eden Prairie Women of Today (est. 2003)
- Elite Pro Wrestling Training
- El Paso Water Utilities (Texas)
- Electronic Payment Exchange (Wilmington, DE; est. 1979)
- Enterprise Private Exchange
- Epigenetics (healthcare)
- EWI (Electric Wind Instrument) Patch Exchange (software)
- Electron Probe X-Ray Microanalysis
- Extracorporeal Perfusion of Xenospleen
- E-Pay Asia Limited
- Ecole Privee Youchaou (private school initiative; Mali)
- Eleves/Parents Yssoire (French: Pupils/Parents Yssorie; Issoire, France)
- Empowering Positive Youth (North Carolina)
- Ensemble pour les Yvelines (French: Together for the Yvelines; Yvelines, France)
- Enterprise Placement Year (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
We developed assays to measure specific markers, human neutrophil lipocalin (HNL) (7) to measure neutrophil counts and eosinophil protein X (EPX) (8) to measure eosinophil counts.
DETERMINATION OF EDN FROM LEUKOCYTE LYSATES EDN [also known as eosinophil protein X (EPX)] was determined using the EPX RIA kit from Pharmacia Diagnostics.