The farm is part of an area protected as a Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI), which marks it as being in one of the most environmentally sensitive areas of Wales.
What does ESA stand for?
ESA stands for Environmentally Sensitive Area
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ESA
We have 651 other meanings of ESA in our Acronym Attic
- Enterprise Systems Administration (various locations)
- Enterprise Systems Architecture
- Entertainment Software Association
- Enthusiast System Architecture (protocol)
- Entomological Society of America
- Entrepreneurship Student Association (various universities)
- Environmental Sciences Associates
- Environmental Sensor Assessment
- Environmental Services Association
- Environmental Site Assessment
- Ephemera Society of America (est. 1980)
- Epiphyllum Society of America (Monrovia, California)
- Episcopal School of Acadiana (Louisiana)
- Episcopal Synod of America
- Equatorial South America
- Equipment Support Activity
- Equivalent Standard Axles (transportation engineering)
- Ergonomic Success Award
- Erroneously Sued As
- Errored Second, type A
Samples in periodicals archive:
Their ship was off course in very environmentally sensitive areas and they will pay the price.
As well, it would increase the risk of poaching and damage to environmentally sensitive areas.
South Korean Anglican, Buddhist, Catholic, Protestant, and Won Buddhist religious leaders have appealed to a Buddhist nun to stop a hunger strike that has reportedly gone more than 90 days in protest against the digging of a railway tunnel through a mountain that has environmentally sensitive areas.
We are building it on the other side of town so that instead of simply flooding the environmentally sensitive areas, people would spend their nights in town, and visit restaurants and shops.
Farmers whose agreements under the old Countryside Stewardship and Environmentally Sensitive Area schemes expire next year are being given the chance to apply early to join the higher level of the Government's new environmental project.
TDR allows a town to transfer the development potential in an environmentally sensitive area where growth is restricted, to a separate receiving area where roads, utilities and other infrastructure already exists and is appropriate for growth.
Used in wetland or environmentally sensitive areas, Saddle Bags are less expensive to produce than concrete weights, easier to handle and faster to install.