5 billion National Polar-orbiting Operational Environmental Satellite System Preparatory Project (NPP) took off aboard a Delta II rocket from Vandenberg Air Force Base at 2:48 am local time (0948 GMT said.
What does ENVISAT stand for?
ENVISAT stands for Environmental Satellite
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ENVISAT
- Environmental Engineering Information System
- Enhanced Night Vision Goggles
- Environment for Visualizing Images
- Environment for Visualizing Images (image processing software; Research Systems, Inc.)
- Environmental Impact Identification
- Environmental Conditions & Fluctuations in Recruitment and Distribution of Small Pelagic Fish Stocks
- Regional Action Programme on the Initiative of the Commission Concerning the Environment
- Environmental Technologies for Remedial Action Data Exchange
- European Space Agency Environmental Satellite
- École Nationale Vétérinaire de Lyon (French veterinary school)
- École Nationale Vétérinaire de Nantes (French: National Veterinary School of Nantes; Nantes, France)
- Eastside Neighbors Volunteer Program (Tucson, AZ)
- École Nationale à Vocation Régionale (French: National Regionally-Based Vocational School; Congo)
- Environmental Requirements & Related Test Methods
- Environmental Information Exchange System
- Edge Network Video Server (trademark of AMAG Technology)
Samples in periodicals archive:
31 /PRNewswire/ -- Solers was awarded a contract from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) for development of the Environmental Satellite Processing and Distribution System (ESPDS) which initially consists of two Work Assignments and an overall Enterprise task.
Government Accounting Office reports and a transcript of testimony before a House of Representatives subcommittee that pertain to the planned National Polar-orbirting Operational Environmental Satellite System (NPOESS) program.
The new contract will build upon RGII's experience providing support to the National Environmental Satellite Data and Information Service (NESDIS).
In July, the TXR was deployed to the NOAA Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellites (GOES) Imager calibration chamber at a private company in Ft.
The latter mission, another Polar Orbiting Environmental Satellite, known as NOAA-J, will track hurricanes and other meteorological phenomena from a polar orbit.
Oliver, Office of the Comptroller, for outstanding achievement in designing the NOAA Coastal Ocean Program as a major agency-wide management initiative; Carmella Davis Watkins EEO Category Award) National Environmental Satellite, Data, and Information Service, for outstanding leadership of, and commitment to, both NESDIS and NOAA EEO activities; Thomas R.
Under this three-year Mission Oriented Business Integrated Services (MOBIS) blanket purchase agreement, Noblis will provide systems engineering and analysis services to support NESDIS in all phases of the procurement process for new or upgraded environmental satellite ground systems.