As well as three fire engines - two from Deeside and one from Buckley - the fire service's Environmental Protection Unit from Wrexham was at the scene to deal with the asbestos.
What does EPU stand for?
EPU stands for Environmental Protection Unit
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of EPU
We have 75 other meanings of EPU in our Acronym Attic
- Education Primaire Universelle (French: Universal Primary Education)
- Ein-Personen-Unternehmen (German: One-Person Businesses)
- Electrical Power Unit
- Electronic Processor Unit
- Electronic Program Update
- Elliptically Polarized Undulator
- Emergency Power Unit (F-16 Aircraft)
- Emergency Psychiatric Unit
- Energy Processing Unit
- Engine Protection Unit
- Equivalent Power Unit
- Estimated Position Uncertainty
- European Payments Union (organization formed after WWII)
- European Peace University (Austria)
- European Pharmaceutical Union
- European Political Union
- European University Centre for Peace Studies
- Evil Parallel Universe (firedoglake)
- Examen Periódico Universal (Spanish: Universal Periodic Review; UN)
- Examen Périodique Universel (French: Universal Periodic Review; UN)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The council's environmental protection unit recommended that customers using the bar should not be allowed to drink on deck after 10pm.
Appliances from Deeside, Buckley, Mold, Holywell, Wrexham and St Asaph as well as the aerial ladder platform, the environmental protection unit and the incident command unit are in attendance.
The flats are being built by Helm Housing, formerly BIH, which is in talks with the City Council's Environmental Protection Unit about "air quality monitoring" at the site.
The pub received a noise abatement order, issued by Birmingham City Council's Environmental Protection Unit, this month after residents complained about noise from the venue being audible in their flats.
Four fire crews from Deeside, Wrexham and Chester attended, along with the fire service's environmental protection unit and incident response unit.
Crews from Ely Fire Station, the Chemical Incident Unit from Penarth and the Abercarn-based Environmental Protection unit were on scene for more than four hours to ensure the area was safe.
Health and Safety Executive officials were called to the site, as well as fire crews in appliances from Redcar and Grangetown and the environmental protection unit.