But before contractors Clugston Construction could even begin work at the canal a full environmental impact survey had to be carried out.
What does EIS stand for?
EIS stands for Environmental Impact Survey
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EIS
We have 339 other meanings of EIS in our Acronym Attic
- Enterprise Integration Suite (software)
- Enterprise Internet Services
- Enterprise Investment Schemes (UK financial information)
- Entertainment Industry Studies (Belmont University; Nashville, TN)
- Entreprise Internationale de Sécurité (French: International Corporate Security)
- Entreprise, Innovation, Société (French: Enterprise, Innovation and Society)
- Entretien Installation Service (French: Installation Maintenance Service)
- Entry Into Service (date)
- Environmental Impact Statement
- Environmental Impact Study
- Environmental Impact System
- Environmental Industry Council
- Environmental Information Systems
- Epidemic Intelligence Service (CDC)
- Epidemiological Intelligence Service (US CDC)
- Equipment Imbalance Surcharge (shipping industry)
- Equipment In Service
- Equipment Issue Scale
- Erasure Insertion Scheme
- Erinaceous Insurance Services (EU)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The GRCA now wants the Hanleys to submit a formal application with a topographical survey, an environmental impact survey and an engineered design.
Our sophisticated technology has uses beyond environmental impact surveys and could be used in maintenance applications; inspecting both on and off-shore turbines; and for proposed developments such as renewed grid connections - issues which are prevalent not just in West Cumbria but around the world.
The company last night said its £2m environmental impact survey showed that any damage would be minimal.
The Welsh Development Agency then commissioned a report in 2003 which concluded an environmental impact survey would be needed before any development was given the goahead.
His comments came as consultants working for one of Britain's biggest energy suppliers carried out environmental impact surveys on sites in the West Midlands.
There is also a lot of concern about extra traffic and we want the council to carry out an environmental impact survey," Mr Cleaver said.
Dublin Corporation said a small number of birds were killed and they are now conducting environmental impact surveys.