Maritime Administration (Maritime) -- initiates preparation of the agencies' joint Draft Environmental Impact Statement/Environmental Impact Report (DEIS/EIR), the comprehensive, independent assessment of the project required by state and federal law.
What does EIS/EIR stand for?
EIS/EIR stands for Environmental Impact Statement/Environmental Impact Report
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Express Intérim Service (France)
- Expressive Intelligence Studio (University of California, Santa Cruz)
- Extended Instruction Set
- External Integrated System
- External Interface Specification
- Extreme Ice Survey (est. 2007; photography project)
- Extreme Ultraviolet Imaging Spectrometer
- Eyes in the Sky
- Emissions Inventory System/Area Source
- Executive Information System/Decision Support System
- Executive Information System/Headquarters Executive Information System
- Emissions Inventory System/Point Source
- Eastern Intercollegiate Ski Association
- Edmonton Immigrant Services Association
- Edukick International Soccer Academies (various locations)
- Egyptian Insurance Supervisory Authority
- Electoral Institute of Southern Africa
- Electronic Information Sharing Agreement
- Energy Independence and Security Act (US DoE)
- Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007
Samples in periodicals archive:
The corps will present the Notice of Intent to Prepare a Draft Environmental Impact Statement/Environmental Impact Report for the proposed project and will seek additional information and other evidence to consider in evaluating the Clean Water Act of 1972 permit application for the project.
Bureau of Reclamation, today released a draft Environmental Impact Statement/Environmental Impact Report (EIS/EIR) for SDIP, initiating a 90-day statewide public review, participation and comment period.
19, 2003 The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) today notified Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA) that it has approved a 75-day extension of the public review and comment period for the Supplement to the Draft Environmental Impact Statement/Environmental Impact Report for the Los Angeles International Airport Master Plan for a total of 120 days and the scheduling of three additional public hearings.
8, 2003 Nine public hearings will begin Monday, August 11, for the public to comment to federal and local officials on the proposed Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) Master Plan and the Supplement to the Draft Environmental Impact Statement/Environmental Impact Report (SDEIS/EIR).
6, 2003 The California Department of Water Resources and the Bureau of Reclamation are seeking public input to prepare the programmatic Environmental Impact Statement/Environmental Impact Report for implementing the short-term Sacramento Valley Water Management Program.
Mayor Hahn was joined by representatives of business, labor, airlines, government and the community at the announcement of the public review and comment period for the Supplement to the Draft Environmental Impact Statement/Environmental Impact Report (SDEIS/EIR), including his LAX Enhanced Safety and Security Master Plan (Alternative D).
Nasdaq: CLCI) today reported the issuance of the Final Environmental Impact Statement/Environmental Impact Report (Final EIS/EIR) for the Cadiz Groundwater Storage & Dry-Year Supply Program (Cadiz Program).