In this context, and with a view to ensuring the highest level of programme certainty, Airbus has decided to activate its Plan B and therefore to revert back to the proven and mastered nickel cadmium main batteries for its A350 XWB programme at Entry into Service (EIS).
What does EIS stand for?
EIS stands for Entry Into Service (date)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of EIS
We have 339 other meanings of EIS in our Acronym Attic
- Enterprise Infrastructure Security Initiative (EPRI)
- Enterprise Infrastructure Services (various organizations)
- Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions (software)
- Enterprise Integration Suite (software)
- Enterprise Internet Services
- Enterprise Investment Schemes (UK financial information)
- Entertainment Industry Studies (Belmont University; Nashville, TN)
- Entreprise Internationale de Sécurité (French: International Corporate Security)
- Entreprise, Innovation, Société (French: Enterprise, Innovation and Society)
- Entretien Installation Service (French: Installation Maintenance Service)
- Environmental Impact Statement
- Environmental Impact Study
- Environmental Impact Survey
- Environmental Impact System
- Environmental Industry Council
- Environmental Information Systems
- Epidemic Intelligence Service (CDC)
- Epidemiological Intelligence Service (US CDC)
- Equipment Imbalance Surcharge (shipping industry)
- Equipment In Service
Samples in periodicals archive:
Design issues and problems with the superjumbo A380 have forced Airbus to postpone the mid-sized A350's entry into service to as late as 2015.
The certification of this aircraft by EASA clears the way for its entry into service with the World's airlines," said Barrot.
The A400M aircraft will complete initial certification and entry into service in 2009.
Ching Kuo, Chairman and CEO of SSAC, said, "This is a new venture for SSAC and relying on the maintenance training expertise of Global Jet Services will ensure a smooth entry into service for the SJ30-2.
Bombardier today announced the entry into service of its next generation Learjet 40 XR premium light jet.
Ahead of the originally scheduled entry into service date of first quarter of 2006, these Global Express XRS aircraft deliveries highlight the continued success of the Global aircraft platform and represent the fifth major program milestone this year.
B) today announced an important milestone in corporate aviation with the entry into service of the first completed Bombardier Global 5000 business jet.