IBM has licensed the FICON/ESCON attachment specification for its high-end IBM TotalStorage DS8000 Series and IBM TotalStorage Enterprise Storage Server to Hitachi.
What does ESS stand for?
ESS stands for Enterprise Storage Server
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of ESS
We have 540 other meanings of ESS in our Acronym Attic
- Enhanced Storage Solution (i-drive)
- Enlarged Scrotum Syndrome
- Enrollment and Student Services (various schools)
- Entente Sportive Sartrouville (French sports club)
- Entente Sportive Sétifienne (Algérian sports club)
- Enterasys Security Specialist
- Entering Student Survey (various schools)
- Enterprise Search Summit (forum)
- Enterprise Security System
- Enterprise Software Solutions (various organizations)
- Enterprise Storage System
- Enterprise Structure Study
- Enterprise Support Services (various locations)
- Enterprise Syndication Solution (software)
- Enterprise Systems Solutions
- Enterprise Systems Status
- Entity Structure Step
- Entomological Society of Saskatchewan (Canada)
- Environmental Sampling Supply, Inc. (environmental sample equipment)
- Environmental Satellite Subpanel
Samples in periodicals archive:
Today, customers requiring cost effective business continuance/data protection solutions over long distance can implement the McDATA Eclipse SAN router with IBM's SVC technology to route data between an IBM TotalStorage Enterprise Storage Server (ESS) and IBM TotalStorage FAStT storage array.
DataCore Software Corporation has signed a reseller agreement with IBM whereby IBM and its worldwide resellers will sell DataCore's SANsymphony storage networking software to IBM TotalStorage Enterprise Storage Server (code named "Shark" ) customers.
IBM also announced that its TotalStorage Enterprise Storage Server Model 800 ("Shark") has been enhanced for IBM's new flagship eServer z990 to provide data protection and access for business continuity and efficiency.
During Technical Bootcamp IBM resellers can obtain high-end disk certification, a technical certification that is required in order to sell the IBM DS8000 and Enterprise Storage Server.
For those situations that require external storage, IBM's Enterprise Storage Server (code-named "Shark") offers 24x7 reliability, cross platform support, manageability and return on investment.
Let me quote verbatim from a prepared statement from the SSF: "The open SAN solutions qualified by the six companies consists of 128-port Fibre Channel fabrics that allow a variety of server platforms to access data residing on Compaq Storage Works, EMC Enterprise Storage, Hitachi Data Systems Freedom Storage, and IBM Enterprise Storage Server.
We know IBM's announcement of their new Enterprise Storage Server 800 and 800 Turbo models," says Thomas J.