The EMC Rainfinity Global File Virtualization solution has helped our IT organization achieve dramatic efficiency gains and a higher level of control over our enterprise file systems," said Bill Fleming, Senior Systems Administrator, Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory.
What does EFS stand for?
EFS stands for Enterprise File System (Kitchener, Ontario, Canada)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of EFS
We have 252 other meanings of EFS in our Acronym Attic
- Enfield Federal Savings (Enfield, CT)
- Engineering Feasibility Study
- Engineering Functional Specification
- English for Foreign Students
- Enhanced Flight Screening
- Enhanced Fujita Scale (tornado strength)
- Ensemble Forecast System
- Enterprise Fax Solution
- Enterprise File Services (HP)
- Enterprise File Sharing
- Enterprise Freight Shopping (software)
- Environment Friends Society
- Environmental Feasibility Study
- Environmental Friendly Solutions (UK)
- Equal Frequency Separation
- Error Free Seconds (percentage)
- Escape From Samsara
- Essential Fire Support
- Établissement Français du Sang (French: French Blood Establishment)
- Euro Finanz Service (Austrian financial service)
Samples in periodicals archive:
If everything goes according to plan, IBM will be able to offer a common enterprise file system for all servers and a virtualization engine that will pool all storage arrays.
Alistair Rennie, program director of WebSphere marketing, explains that Performance Pack's real strengths boil down to three functions: intelligent load balancing; a caching proxy server and an enterprise file system.
Overland's SRM complements NetVault with third party verification by examining the enterprise file systems after the backup and producing a consolidated backup exposure report for all clients.
Domino, the leading messaging and collaboration server, and WebSphere represent the industry's most complete range of Web application server environments; and -- Delivery of the AFS(a) enterprise file system for Linux, from IBM's Transarc subsidiary.
Also, forced unmount support allows for the recovery of mounts after a cross-mounted system fails, thus reducing the recoverability time for enterprise file systems in datacenter environments.
Voight was responsible for selling such IBM products as TXSeries, Enterprise File Systems and MQSeries while sales doubled in this area during his three-year tenure with the IBM companies.
File Administrator: Delivers centralized file security and service account management, preventing unauthorized data access and streamlining enterprise file system management.