Byline: Jonathan Matzkin PC Magazine The hybrid medium known as Enhanced Compact Disc adds a whole new multimedia dimension to audio CDs, but consumers have been slow to catch on.
What does ECD stand for?
ECD stands for Enhanced Compact Disc
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of ECD
We have 228 other meanings of ECD in our Acronym Attic
- Emission Control Diesel
- endocardial cushing defect
- Endothelial Cell Density
- Energy Centre Denmark (est. 1991)
- Energy Citations Database
- Energy Conscious Design (UK)
- Energy Conversion Devices, Incorporated
- Engineering Change Document
- English Country Dance
- Enhanced Color Display
- Entretien Chimie Distribution (French: Chemical Distribution Maintenance)
- Entry Control Device
- Environment and Conservation Division (various locations)
- Environmental Carcinogenesis Division (US EPA)
- Environmental Considerations Document
- Environmentally Conscious Design
- Equine Cushing's Disease
- Equivalent Circle Diameter (measurement)
- Equivalent Circuit Diagram
- Equivalent Circulating Density
Samples in periodicals archive:
An enhanced compact disc can be played not only on an audio CD player, but also in a CD-ROM player attached to a computer.
The company also plans to actively search for opportunities in new media and technology, from on-line communications to enhanced compact discs, as well as opportunities in the film industry.