Notable winners were Muhammad Shafile Rashid who obtained top marks in the region in English as a second language, Farhan Adib Ahmed who obtained top marks in Saudi Arabia and fourth in the world ranking for IGCSE economics and Noman Bashir who topped in Saudi Arabia and emerged fourth in the world ranking in A level economics.
What does ESL stand for?
ESL stands for English as a Second Language
This definition appears very frequently
See other definitions of ESL
We have 258 other meanings of ESL in our Acronym Attic
- Employer Stop Loss (insurance)
- End of Service Life (product lifetime)
- End-User Subscription Licensing
- Énergies Services Lannemezan (French energy provider)
- Energy Systems Laboratory
- Eng S Lustig Consulting Engineers Ltd (Tel-Aviv, Israel)
- Enghouse Systems Limited (Ontario, Canada)
- Engine Speed Limit
- Engine Speed Limiting (system)
- Engineering Systems Laboratory (various schools)
- English Sign Language
- Entente Sportive Laneuvevilloise (French sports club)
- Entente Sud Lyonnais (French athletic club)
- Enterprise Software Licensing
- Environmental Sciences Laboratory (various locations)
- Environmental Solutions Ltd. (various locations)
- Enviroplan Services Limited
- Equipment and Supply List
- Equivalent Series Inductance (electronic component leads)
- Equivalent Series Inductance (L is inductance)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The competing pedagogical model for teaching LEP students is known as English as a Second Language (ESL) instruction, ESL is essentially a program of English immersion with special instruction geared toward the acquisition of English-language skills.
That year my assignment was to teach beginning English as a Second Language (ESL I) and Plan III (low-group) language arts.