The second edition represents a substantial rewrite, with discussion of the key critiques of language rights that have arisen over the last 10 years, treatment of current issues of the English Only movement in the US, and new discussion of the role of globalization and cosmopolitanism in the growth of English as the current world language.
What does EOM stand for?
EOM stands for English Only Movement
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of EOM
We have 78 other meanings of EOM in our Acronym Attic
- End of Matter
- End of Media
- End Of Memory
- End Of Message
- End of Minute
- End of Mission
- End of Module
- End Of Month
- Engineering Operation and Maintenance Manual
- Engineering Operations Manual (various organizations)
- Enlisted Open Mess
- Enterprise Operations Management
- Enterprise Order Management (software)
- Enterprise Output Manager (Unisys)
- Entreprise d'Opération Maritime (French: Maritime Operation Company)
- Environmental Management and Operations
- Equations Of Motion
- Equilibrium of Man
- Equipment Original Manufacturer
- Essential Object Model
Samples in periodicals archive:
This is the assumption on which the English only movement is based, and the fear is that we will not have a uniform culture in this country, which of course we have never had, because it was either German or Irish of whatever group dominated.
In the USA the English Plus as opposed to the English Only movement stresses the importance of the English as the best for national interest and a great resource (Ovando and Collier, 1998, p.