English literacy development depends a great deal on the Macedonian that the children acquire as a first language, and written literacy strategies developed at school can be applied to both languages, observing the correct conventions for each, even when these are different.
What does ELD stand for?
ELD stands for English Literacy Development
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ELD
We have 76 other meanings of ELD in our Acronym Attic
- Economic Loss Date (taxes)
- Edge Lighted Display
- El Dorado, AR, USA (Airport Code)
- Electroluminescent Display
- Electronic Load Detector
- Embryo Lethal Dose
- Emitter Locating Data (US DoD)
- Endogenous Livestock Development (various locations)
- Engineering Line Diagram
- English Language Development
- Entreposage de Longue Durée (French: Long-Term Storage)
- Entreprise Locale de Distribution (France)
- Environmental Law Division
- Environmental Liability Directive (EU)
- Episcopal Lay-Leadership Directory
- Ernest Le Deley (French artist)
- Ethyl Lake Duckett
- Evaluation & Licensing Division (Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare, Japan)
- Export-Led Development
- Extraordinary Low Dispersion (optics)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The project took place in two English as a Second Language (ESL) and English Literacy Development (ELD) classes for fifth grade students.