A few hardy supporters were there to watch them perform a traditional English country dance as dawn broke at 5.
What does ECD stand for?
ECD stands for English Country Dance
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of ECD
We have 228 other meanings of ECD in our Acronym Attic
- Emergency Contacts Directory (various organizations)
- Emission Control Device
- Emission Control Diesel
- endocardial cushing defect
- Endothelial Cell Density
- Energy Centre Denmark (est. 1991)
- Energy Citations Database
- Energy Conscious Design (UK)
- Energy Conversion Devices, Incorporated
- Engineering Change Document
- Enhanced Color Display
- Enhanced Compact Disc
- Entretien Chimie Distribution (French: Chemical Distribution Maintenance)
- Entry Control Device
- Environment and Conservation Division (various locations)
- Environmental Carcinogenesis Division (US EPA)
- Environmental Considerations Document
- Environmentally Conscious Design
- Equine Cushing's Disease
- Equivalent Circle Diameter (measurement)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The choreography will mix elements of English country dance and ballet.
I knew that it is rooted in English country dances like the Sir Roger de Coverly; that it consists of certain steps, moves, and figures repeated over and over until just about everyone has danced with everybody else in a particular dance; and that the name contra dance comes from the French contredanse, which perfectly describes the process of people dancing across from (and with) each other in a line.
English Country Dance and the Politics of the Folk English Country Dance is less well known to contemporaries than its American cousins, the contra and square dance, but many are familiar with it today from its use in the film and television adaptations of Jane Austen novels.
So I got in touch with our local English Country Dance society, whose caller, Richard Sauvain, graciously agreed to drive down to my college with a few local musicians and teach my students to dance.
When volunteers are in need of a break, there is a host of fun community events from face painting and bouncy castles, to live music, barbecues and an Old English Country Dance.
The catchy melody, and the second set of English Country Dances to which it belongs, was included in last night's 80th birthday tribute, with the composer in attendance.
Now in its 33rd year, the National also features a host of other top names including Martin Carthy, Norma Waterson, Fred Jordan, Tony Rose and the English Country Dance Band.