Services provide extended dry docking, modernization, upgrades, repairs and alterations to multiple shipboard systems such as the engineering control systems, power management platform and chilled water distribution systems for the LSD-class amphibious landing ships.
What does ECS stand for?
ECS stands for Engineering Control System
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ECS
We have 608 other meanings of ECS in our Acronym Attic
- Energy Community Secretariat (Energy Community Regulatory Board)
- Energy Conservation Services (various locations)
- Energy Control System
- Energy Conversion Subsystem
- Engagement Control Station
- Engine Control System (clean air system)
- Engineering & Computer Simulations, Inc (Orlando, Florida)
- Engineering and Computer Science
- Engineering Center Steyr (Austria)
- Engineering Change Support
- Enhanced Chip Set (Amiga)
- Enhanced Chukka Shoe (Navy Boondocker)
- Enhanced Comfort System (Thomasville furniture)
- Enhanced Control Server (Lucent)
- Enterprise Car Sales
- Enterprise Collaboration Solutions (Atlanta, GA)
- Enterprise Commerce Solutions
- Enterprise Communication System
- Enterprise Communications Server
- Enterprise Computing Strategies
Samples in periodicals archive:
Tested 5,000 hull, mechanical and engineering (HM&E) signals to engineering control system and validated 12,000 additional hardware signals, at the Land-based Test Site.
Hovan described the Engineering Control System as, "the computerized monitoring multiple sensor system, where everything is displayed for you in what we call CCS, and that allows us to monitor all the critical systems from a central location with just key watch standers--a console operator, an electrical plant operator, damage control console operator, an engineering officer of the watch (EOOW) and three rovers.
Following installation of the engineering control systems at Matthews' facilities, two major tasks were completed.
As master's degrees become the entry point for many engineering careers, NTU's Spring 2004 course offerings reflect this growing demand with new courses that include Physiological Engineering Control Systems (with the University of Colorado); Optoelectronics (with The University of Arizona); Advanced VLSI Design (with the University of Massachusetts Amherst).
Lockheed Martin provides marine engineering control systems for all Arleigh Burke-class destroyers, and since 1972 has delivered more than 750 control consoles used in U.
L-3 Communications (NYSE:LLL) announced today that its Henschel division has been awarded a contract by Northrop Grumman Electronic Systems' Sperry Marine unit to deliver two additional ship sets of Engineering Control System Equipment (ECSE) enclosures for the Navy's CG-47 TICONDEROGA class guided missile cruisers.
This comprehensive review was the culmination of more than 90 separate design and production reviews held to confirm the readiness of the Zumwalt's MSE, which comprises the following major subsystems: the Total Ship Computing Environment; Dual Band Radar; the external communications suite; MK 57 Vertical Launching System; AN/SQQ-90 Integrated Undersea Warfare Combat System; the Electro-Optical/Infrared suite; the Identification Friend or Foe integrated sensor suite; and the Zumwalt ship control hardware, including an integrated bridge, navigation, EO surveillance, and engineering control system components