This definition appears very rarely
and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other meanings of ENG
We have 32 other definitions for ENG
in our Acronym Attic
Samples in periodicals archive:
The monoclonal antibody SH-2, raised against human mesenchymal stem cells, recognizes an epitope on endoglin (CD105).
a medical diagnostic company focused on acquiring, developing and commercializing diagnostic tests and risk assessment technologies for unmet clinical needs, announced today that Alere has exercised its exclusive option and licensed the novel biomarker Endoglin from Miraculins, concluding a three-year Collaborative Research and Option Agreement program.
Approximately 80% of the families have a mutation in the endoglin (ENG) (5) or activin receptor-like kinase 1 (ALK1) (6) genes, while the remaining 20% of patients have a mutation in the SMAD4 gene (7) or in new loci mapped to chromosome 5 and chromosome 7 (8).
Endoglin regulates trophoblast differentiation along the invasive pathway in human placental villous explants.
Vascular endothelial growth factor and endoglin (CD-105) in gastric cancer.
In a nested case-control study of pregnant women with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and/or antiphospholipid antibody (APLA) syndrome, women with elevated levels of circulating soluble fms-like tyrosine kinase 1 (sFlt-1) and soluble endoglin (sEng) at mid-pregnancy were at significantly increased risk for preeclampsia later in pregnancy, compared with age - and ethnicity-matched disease control patients who had SLE and/or APLA but not preeclampsia, reported Dr.
Pregnant women with too much of a protein called soluble endoglin in their blood have a heightened risk of preeclampsia, the researchers say.
University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) has patented transgenic mice genetically engineered for a deficiency in endoglin production.