The systems consist of Communications Access Points (base stations) and wireless end user modems (EUMs) with antennas installed at the subscriber's premises.
What does EUM stand for?
EUM stands for End User Modem
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of EUM
We have 18 other meanings of EUM in our Acronym Attic
- European Union Law Reporter
- End User Local Serving Office
- European Universities' Linux User Groups
- Egyptian Union for Liberal Youth (est. 2007)
- Elisabeth University of Music (Japan)
- Emotionally Unavailable Man
- End Use Market (various locations)
- End Use Monitoring
- End User Management (software)
- End User Market
- End User's Manual
- Entraide Universitaire Mondiale (French: World University Service)
- Essential Unit Messing
- Estados Unidos Mexicanos (Mexican United States)
- European Motorcycle Union
- Examination under Microscope
- Exchange Unified Messaging (Microsoft)
- European Microwave Association
- European Modeling of Atmospheric Constituents
- European Union Monitoring and Advocacy Program (program of the Open Society Institute)
Samples in periodicals archive:
WaveRider's EUM3003 The new EUM3003 is an enhanced version of WaveRider's EUM3000 900 MHz End User Modem (EUM).
WaveRider's Last Mile Solution(R) non-line-of-sight high-speed fixed wireless system consists of Communications Access Points (base stations) and wireless end user modems (EUMs) with antennas installed at the subscriber's premises.
We expect that, as the first fixed wireless end user modem designed specifically for use by residential and small business customers, the LMS3000 will be in great demand.
The LMS3000 end user modem does not require line-of-sight with the CAP and provides Internet access at speeds up to 1 Mbps.
Complete Solution The Internet / data Hub is configured as a multi-slot rack-mounted chassis that supports up to 2,000 end user modems.
The cost per user to the ISP, including end user modems and access points, is around $400 in moderate volumes.
Overall, Alcatel has shipped more than 450,000 ADSL lines and over 180,000 ADSL end user modems since the end of 1997.