The group End Child Prostitution was established in 1990 as part of a campaign to end child prostitution in Asian tourism by a group of nongovernmental organization workers and other concerned individuals.
What does ECPAT stand for?
ECPAT stands for End Child Prostitution in Asian Tourism (now End Child Prostitution, Child Pornography and the Trafficking of Children for Sexual Purposes)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ECPAT
- Eye Care Plan of America (Luxottica)
- Early Childhood Professional Association of Alberta (Canada)
- European Centre for Public Affairs Brussels (EU)
- Erythropoietic Capacity for Preoperative Autologous Blood Donation
- Early Childhood Partnership of Adams County (Northglenn, CO)
- East County Performing Arts Center (California)
- Ecumenical Council Pasadena Area Churches (California)
- Établissement de Communication et de Production Audiovisuelle de la Défense (French: Establishment of Communication and Audiovisual Production of Defense)
- European Collaborative Project on Affective Disorders
- End Child Prostitution and Trafficking (Brooklyn, NY)
- End Child Prostitution, Child Pornography and the Trafficking of Children for Sexual Purposes (formerly End Child Prostitution in Asian Tourism; global network/organization)
- Eastern Cape Parks Board (South Africa)
- École de Conduite et Pilotage La Bresle (French driving school)
- Ecology, Conservation and Pathogen Biology (University of Hawaii)
- Electronically Controlled Pneumatic Braking (railway technology)
- Emergency Cardiopulmonary Bypass (resuscitation)
- Entente Cycliste Pierre Bénite Saint Genis Laval (French cycling club)
- Early Childhood Parenting Center (Santa Monica, CA)
- Economic Classification Policy Committee
- Effective Cost per Click (advertising)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Rich tourists, according to Ellis Shenk, the director of the New York branch of the international Campaign to End Child Prostitution in Asian Tourism (ECPAT), "have realized that human life is cheaper in the Third World.