The Union ministry of petroleum and natural gas, the directorate general of hydrocarbons (DGH) and the empowered group of ministers (EGoM) headed by the finance minister will take a decision on allocation of gas as per policy.
What does EGOM stand for?
EGOM stands for Empowered Group of Ministers (India)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of EGOM
- Extragalactic Optical Object
- Eyes Glaze Over
- Ego Boost (science fiction fandom)
- Edna Garrett on Campus (The Facts of Life episode)
- Experts Group for Office Document Architecture
- Enhanced Guide for Occupational Exploration (career research handbook; est. 1991)
- Evil Gang of Eleven (gaming clan)
- Electronic Government Innovation and Access
- Exploitation Genetic Algorithms by Optimising Industrial Site Clustering and Telecommunication Networks
- Eastern Gulf of Mexico
- Exploration Group of North Somerset (Bristol, England)
- End-to-End GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite System) Occultation Performance Simulator (software)
- Edmonton Group of Roleplayers (Canada)
- Educational Games Observation Rubric
- E-Government Reference Architecture
- European Golden Oldies Rugby Committee (Czech Republic)
- Emily Griffith Opportunity School (Denver, CO)
- ESA (European Space Agency) Ground Operations Software
- European Group for Organizational Studies
- European Group of Surveyors (Brussels, Belgium)
Samples in periodicals archive:
14 ( ANI ): The Union Cabinet on Thursday gave its approval to the Criminal Law (Amendment) Bill, 2013, which is based on the recommendations of the Empowered Group of Ministers (EGoM) that was tasked with the responsibility.
NEW DELHI, July 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The GSMA believes that while the price range recommended by the Empowered Group of Ministers could place spectrum at a fairer price than was recommended by the Telecom Regulatory Authority, it is still high in terms of international best practice and could hinder continued investment in mobile technology in India.
The government confirmed that final negotiations between the Empowered Group of Ministers (EGOM) and Boeing are due to commence, in an attempt to confirm details and reduce the price.
The minister, who stood isolated on Tuesday in the special meeting of the Cabinet after being subjected to intense scrutiny on a few " draconian" provisions of the anti- rape law, saw his recommendation accepted in the meeting of the empowered group of ministers ( EGoM) on Wednesday evening.
An Empowered Group of Ministers (EGoM) on drought, headed by the Agriculture Minister, today approved over 2892 crore rupees relief package for six affected states.
Khurshid was part of the nine-member Empowered Group of Ministers (EGoM) under Finance Minister P Chidambaram that approved this one-time spectrum fee.
Anne Bouverot, Director General of the GSMA, commented: "To ensure that India's spectrum policy meets the demands of society both now and in the future, we urgently call on the TRAI and the members of the Empowered Group of Ministers to listen to the advice given by business leaders, economists and the mobile industry, in setting a fair price for new spectrum, before making a final decision.