WASHINGTON, April 16, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- IEEE-USA supports the employment-based green card provisions in the comprehensive immigration-reform bill expected to be introduced in the Senate today or tomorrow, but questions the significant increase in the H-1B temporary work visa program.
What does EBGC stand for?
EBGC stands for Employment-Based Green Card
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of EBGC
We have 3 other meanings of EBGC in our Acronym Attic
- Evolution Beeson Gregory (now Evolution Securities Limited; UK)
- Edmonton Beer Geeks Anonymous (Canada)
- English Blind Golf Association (UK)
- Enhanced Ball Grid Array
- Eric Brousseau Graphic Arts (Canada)
- Estreptococo Beta Hemolítico Grupo A (Spanish: A Beta Hemolytic Streptococcus Group)
- Eidgenössisches Büro für die Gleichstellung Von Menschen mit Behinderungen (German: Federal Office for Equality of People with Disabilities; Switzerland)
- Earl B. Gilliam Bar Association
- East Bay Green Corridor (Berkeley, CA)
- East Brighton Golf Club (East Sussex, England, UK)
- European Basal Ganglia Club
- East Branch Grand Calumet River
- Encontro Brasileiro de Game Developers (Portuguese: Meeting of the Brazilian Game Developers; Brazil)
- Evidence Based Guidelines Development (Netherlands Association of Posttraumatic Dystrophy Patients)
- Easter Bunny Gets Drunk At Easter (mnemonic for order of strings on a guitar)
- Eat A Donut, Get Breakfast Early (guitar strings mnemonic device)
- Every Banana Gets Digested After Eating (mnemonic for order of strings on a guitar)
- Every Bunny Gets Drunk After Easter (mnemonic for order of strings on a guitar)
- Editora Brasileira de Guias Especiais (Spanish: Brazilian Special Guides Publisher)
- Evangelische Bergische Gefängnis-Gemeinde eV (German prison community)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It will exempt certain categories of persons from the employment-based Green Card cap, including dependents of employment-based immigrant visa recipients, US STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) advance degree holders, persons with extraordinary ability and outstanding professors and researchers.
law, employment-based green cards (for permanent residence) are limited to 140,000 in a fiscal year.
Technology companies are pleading with Congress to boost both the number of visas available to companies that want to bring in skilled foreign workers and the number of employment-based green cards given to high-tech foreign workers who want to stay here.
The system provides only 140,000 spots for employment-based green card applicants, and only 40,000 of those are for aspiring immigrants with education at the baccalaureate level or below.
The typical employment-based green card process can be broken down into the following three filing stages: 1.
IEEE-USA supports legislation providing employment-based green cards for skilled immigrants earning advanced STEM degrees from U.
For more information about the labor certification application process or how to obtain employment-based green cards, please visit www.