Conversely, they find that a higher unemployment income replacement rate, a higher tax wedge on labour and more stringent employment protection legislation raise unemployment significantly, while an increase in the average duration of benefits is strongly correlated with a rise in the persistence of unemployment.
What does EPL stand for?
EPL stands for Employment Protection Legislation
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of EPL
We have 366 other meanings of EPL in our Acronym Attic
- ELINT Parameter List
- Elizabeth Public Library (Elizabeth, NJ)
- Ellenville Public Library & Museum (Ellenville, New York)
- Elliptically Polarized Light
- Emitter Parameters Limit
- Emitter Parameters Listing
- Emitter Position Location
- Employment Practices Liability
- Employment Practices Litigation
- Employment Protection Law
- Emporia Public Library
- Energy Partners, Ltd
- Engineering Parts List
- Engineering Project Leader
- Engineering Prototype Lab (Lockheed Martin)
- Englewood Public Library (Englewood, NJ)
- English Premier League (soccer)
- Ensemble Polyphonique de Lyon (French orchestra ensemble)
- Enterprise Public Library (Enterprise, AL)
- Entreprises Publiques Locales (French: Local Public Enterprises)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Because of the negative effect on hiring rates, employment protection legislation (EPL) is likely to affect young people disproportionately, given the high incidence of young people among labour market entrants and jobseekers (OECD 2004).
00 Hardcover K1773 Skedinger (economics, Research Institute of Industrial Economics, Sweden) overviews the design, evolution, and research on the effects of employment protection legislation around the world, what the research shows, where areas are lacking, and questions for further study.
Introduction Concern over the adverse employment consequences of employment protection legislation is a recurring theme in labor market analysis.
Employment protection legislation is lax in the United States 5.
The report goes on to look at solutions, these solutions include increasing employment protection legislation in the UK, increasing investment in research and development, setting up at strategic review agency to oversee industrial development in order to target growth industries and appoint a minister for manufacturing.
Employment protection legislation requires employers to give prior notice of termination - giving those facing redundancy an early start with job searches.
Reforming Labour Market Institutions * Introduction * Collective bargaining plays a declining role in labour market regulation * The minimum wage is relatively high * Employment protection legislation is relatively flexible * Labour law enforcement is weak * The public employment service is under-budgeted and under-staffed * Conclusions Chapter 3.