In addition, simply hiring employees may expose directors and officers to employment practices litigation.
What does EPL stand for?
EPL stands for Employment Practices Litigation
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of EPL
We have 366 other meanings of EPL in our Acronym Attic
- Élève Pilote de Ligne (French: Student Airline Pilot)
- ELINT Parameter Limits List
- ELINT Parameter List
- Elizabeth Public Library (Elizabeth, NJ)
- Ellenville Public Library & Museum (Ellenville, New York)
- Elliptically Polarized Light
- Emitter Parameters Limit
- Emitter Parameters Listing
- Emitter Position Location
- Employment Practices Liability
- Employment Protection Law
- Employment Protection Legislation
- Emporia Public Library
- Energy Partners, Ltd
- Engineering Parts List
- Engineering Project Leader
- Engineering Prototype Lab (Lockheed Martin)
- Englewood Public Library (Englewood, NJ)
- English Premier League (soccer)
- Ensemble Polyphonique de Lyon (French orchestra ensemble)
Samples in periodicals archive:
But he and Parisi both see data security litigation evolving in the same way as employment practices litigation did years ago and that means that risk is on the rise.
He added that a prevention-oriented approach combined with modern insurance coverage can help safeguard credit unions from potentially severe financial losses resulting from employment practices litigation, he added.
Homeowners should be aware of the many risks of employment practices litigation but should not be too fearful to open their doors to domestic help.
Hartwig said that the boom in employment practices litigation is being fueled by new legislation that allows the recovery of monetary damages in cases of intentional discrimination, vaguely worded federal and state anti-discrimination laws, conflicting court rulings, heightened public awareness and rapidly changing workforce demographics.
In the Union Pacific Railroad Employment Practices Litigation, a legal battle spanning three and a half years, Union Pacific has refused to provide contraceptive benefits to its unionized employees, claiming that "because fertility is 'normal,' contraception is not 'medically necessary.
Property and Casualty Insurance agents may be the bearer of bad news when clients discover their liability insurance plan does not cover employment practices litigation and loss," noted Merten.
District Court for the District of Nebraska granted plaintiffs' motion for multi-state class action status in the Union Pacific Railroad Employment Practices Litigation.