The issuance of Deferred Action or Deferred Action USCIS employment authorization documents to unlawfully present aliens does not confer upon them any lawful or authorized status and does not entitle them to any public benefit," the order read, making a reference to the federal agency that handles immigration, USCIS.
What does EAD stand for?
EAD stands for Employment Authorization Document (US INS)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of EAD
We have 130 other meanings of EAD in our Acronym Attic
- Éducation au Développement (French: Education Development)
- Electroantennographic Detection
- Electronic Archival Description
- Electronic Arming Device
- Electronic Assessment Decision
- Élément Automoteur Double (French railcars)
- Elite Athletes with a Disability
- Emergency Airworthiness Directive
- Empilement Articulaire Dynamique (French: Stacking Dynamic Articular; physiotherapy)
- Employee Appreciation Day (various organizations)
- En Aparté Design (French design firm)
- Encoded Archival Description (DTD for SGML)
- Endplate Acetylcholinesterase Deficiency
- Energy and Air Division (US EPA)
- Energy Assurance Daily (US Department of Energy)
- Engine and Alert Display
- Engineering Aids Draftsman (US Navy)
- Engineering and Design (Austria)
- Enhanced Anaerobic Dechlorination (groundwater treatment)
- Enseignement à Distance (French: Distance Education; Belgium)
Samples in periodicals archive:
When an employee's employment authorization document expires, the employer must reverify his or her employment authorization prior to the date of expiration using Section 3 of the I-9 form.
During those six, months, eligible Liberians can file their applications for new employment authorization documents to cover the full 18 months of the deferred enforced departure extension, according to a Citizenship and Immigration Services press release.
When the employer inspects identity and employment authorization documents, documents with a Social Security number such as a Social Security card may not be accepted.
Employers must be certain that they are properly completing or maintaining Form 1-9, Employment Verification Records, for all employees hired on or after Nov 6, 1986 * Employers must have in place a system for re-verification of employment authorization for employees who present Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (BCIS) employment authorization documents, which expire.
The ICPS utilizes a production process that incorporates document personalization technologies, including biometrics information, to create highly secure INS identification documents including, the Permanent Resident Card (PRC) and the Department of State B-1/B-2 Border Crossing Card (BCC) also known as the Laser Visa (LV) and the Employment Authorization Document.
Suresh has since received an Employment Authorization Document allowing him to stay and work in the United States.
However, those with economic necessity may obtain an Employment Authorization Document, Form I-688B, from the INS that will allow part-time employment.