The government has cut back and reconfigured its employment rights enforcement agencies such as the Health and Safety Executive, Gangmasters Licensing Authority and the Employment Agency Standards Inspectorate--some of which are now under threat of abolition.
What does EAS stand for?
EAS stands for Employment Agency Standards (UK)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of EAS
We have 375 other meanings of EAS in our Acronym Attic
- Electronic Address Sequencing (USPS)
- Electronic Article Surveillance
- Electronic Arts Sports (game)
- Electronic Authorization System
- Electrophilic Aromatic Substitution
- Elemental Audio Systems
- Emergency Alert System
- Emigrant Aid Society
- Emman Audio System (France)
- Employee Attitude Survey (Sprint)
- Employment Assistance Services (Canada)
- Employment Assurance Scheme (India)
- Employment Standards Administration (US Department of Labor)
- End of Active Service (US Marine Corps)
- Endocrine Active Substance
- Energy Advisory Services (various locations)
- Energy East Corporation (stock symbol)
- Engineering Administration System
- Engineering Aide Surveyor
- Engineering and Applied Sciences
Samples in periodicals archive:
You can complain to the Employment Agency Standards (EAS) Inspectorate.
He also took the matter up with the Employment Agency Standards Inspectorate, but this lot will not be taking action for a remarkable reason.
And the Employment Agency Standards Inspectorate, who police the minimum wage, will be allowed to access financial records to check staff aren't being fleeced.
THE current government consultation on the penalties for employers who breach the national minimum wage regulations and Employment Agency Standards is welcome.
John Thorpe, head of the DTI's Employment Agency Standards Inspectorate, said: "We've set out our proposals and we've also put out a wider question calling for any other proposals from consultees that could help remedy bad practice without burdening legitimate agencies.
Mr Sutcliffe said the Employment Agency Standards Inspectorate would investigate complaints against agencies.
The rules are due to come in by October next year and will be enforced by the Employment Agency Standards Inspectorate.