Open to all employers, Train to Gain is aimed particularly at "hard to reach" companies such as those who have not taken up the Employer Training Pilot which has operated in the region since 2004 or those without Investors in People status.
What does ETP stand for?
ETP stands for Employer Training Pilot (UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ETP
We have 177 other meanings of ETP in our Acronym Attic
- Electronic Touch Panel
- Electronic Transfer of Prescriptions (healthcare)
- Electronic Trap Primer
- Eligible Telecommunications Provider
- Eligible Termination Payment (Australian finance)
- Eligible Training Provider (various locations)
- Email Transfer Protocol (Blackberry)
- Embedded Training Package
- Emerging Technology Partnership (University of Alabama)
- Emissions Trading Policy
- Employment and Training Program (various locations)
- Employment and Transition Plan (US FEMA)
- Employment Training Panel (State of California Job Training Program)
- End-Around Test Program
- Endeavor to Persevere
- Energy Technology Programs
- Engineering Team Project (various locations)
- Engineering Test Plan
- Engineering Thermoplastic
- English Teaching Professional
Samples in periodicals archive:
Few education schemes can have been so exhaustively tested since the first trials of what were called Employer Training Pilots in 2002.
Redbridge's Gateshead branch is taking part in the eQ8 Employer Training Pilot, a Government-funded scheme in the North East which entitles employees to have on-the-job training resulting in an Redbridge Produce & Flowers is a wholesale and food service division with 13 branches across the UK.
The extension and sustained commitment to employer training pilots is also to be applauded.
The employer training pilot schemes, which allow staff to take time out to take part in Government-funded training schemes, will be expanded to everyone, he said.
Chancellor Gordon Brown has pledged pounds 190m to theLearning and Skill's council's employer training pilots.
The Employer Training Pilots represent one such project being spearheaded by the LSC.
Amicus Scottish Regional Secretary John Quigley said: "The measures announced by the Chancellor particularly the expansion of Employer Training Pilots and the Union Learning Fund are steps in the right direction.