Approximately half of the Settlement fund will be used to pay consumer claims and the other half will be used to pay insurers and employee welfare benefit plans claims.
What does EWBP stand for?
EWBP stands for Employee Welfare Benefit Plan
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of EWBP
- Elizabeth Wende Breast Clinic, Inc. (Rochester, NY)
- Edward W. Brooke Charter School (Roslindale, Massachusetts)
- External Writer Buffer Empty
- European Western Balkans Joint Fund (EU)
- East Winston Branch Library (Winston-Salem, NC)
- Electrical Work by Marty (Hastings, NY)
- Electronic Warfare Battle Management
- Electronic Warfare Battle Management Aids
- Energy and Water Balance Monitoring System
- Early Warning Broadcast Network
- Energetic Well-Being Process
- Emergency Warning Broadcasting System (Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union)
- English War Bow Society
- Expanded Work Breakdown Structure
- East West Best Travel (travel agency in Honolulu, HI)
- Evil, Wrong, Bad, and Ugly
- Early Warning Conference (UN)
- East West Center
- Eastern Wyoming College
- Economics Working Group
Samples in periodicals archive:
Quillen's practice involves litigation covering a wide range of employment discrimination issues, employee welfare benefit plans, the Railway Labor Act and issues arising before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
However, since HIPAA applies more broadly, the prohibition in the proposed rule also affects employee welfare benefit plans and long-term care policies.
HIPAA applies to "covered entities," which include health care organizations, health plans, health care providers, clearinghouses that electronically transmit or store individually identifiable health information, many group health plans (insured and self-insured plans, employee welfare benefit plans subject to the Employee Retirement Income Security Act) and "indirect entities" (those related to or associated with the covered entities, such as a service provider).
The regulations interpret vacations as a payroll practice and not as an employee welfare benefit plan of the type governed by ERISA.
The 442 pages are organized in a question and answer format addressing such complex issues facing employee welfare benefit plan designers and administrators such as: How does the IRS view the practice of using income voluntarily from employees' salaries as a contribution to cafeteria plans?
Fellows has represented both corporations and associations in the adoption, amendment and qualification of pension and profit sharing plans, employee welfare benefit plans and trusts, 403(b) annuities, 457 plans, health care plan issues, health savings accounts, cafeteria plans, ESOPs and incentive and deferred compensation plans.
18 /PRNewswire/ -- A notification program began today as ordered by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, to alert consumers, insurers, and employee welfare benefit plans who paid for the prescription antidepressant Paxil(R) or its generic equivalent, paroxetine, about a proposed $65 million settlement of the case against GlaxoSmithKline.