Individuals with Emery-Dreifuss muscular dystrophy (AD-EDMD) suffer from muscle wasting and cardiomyopathy, a type of heart disease that weakens and enlarges the heart muscle making it harder for the heart to pump blood and deliver it to the rest of the body leading to heart failure.
What does EMD stand for?
EMD stands for Emery-Dreifuss Muscular Dystrophy
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EMD
We have 168 other meanings of EMD in our Acronym Attic
- Electronics Maintenance Detachment
- Eliminate, Move, Digitise (Business) (What to do with non or low value added activities GE Capital)
- Emerald Downs (est. 1996)
- Emerald, Queensland, Australia - Emerald (Airport Code)
- Emergency Management Director
- Emergency Management Division
- Emergency Medical Dispatcher
- Emergency Medical Dispatching
- Emerging Market Debt
- Émission de Moteur Diesel (French: Emission of Diesel Engine)
- Emotionally Disturbed
- Empirical Mode Decomposition (signal processing)
- Employment Manning Document
- Energy Management Division
- Engine Manufacturer Diagnostics
- Engine Model Derivative
- Engine Monitor Display
- Engineering and Manufacturing Design
- Engineering and Manufacturing Development
Samples in periodicals archive:
At least 6 other rare human disorders due to lamin A/C mutations (known collectively as laminopathies) besides HGS have been described so far: Emery-Dreifuss muscular dystrophy (Bonne et al.
Other, less severe forms of muscular dystrophy include Becker muscular dystrophy (BMD), Emery-Dreifuss muscular dystrophy (EDMD), facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy (FMD), limb-girdle muscular dystrophy (LGMD) and myotonic dystrophy (MMD).