If you collide with a deer and someone may be injured, you should treat this as an emergency and ring 999 for the police or ambulance services immediately, or use an Emergency Roadside Telephone if there is one available.
What does ERT stand for?
ERT stands for Emergency Roadside Telephone
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of ERT
We have 186 other meanings of ERT in our Acronym Attic
- Electromagnetic Ray Tracing
- Electronic Read Transmitter (public utilities)
- Electronic Registration and Titling
- Elliniki Radiofonia Tileorasi (Greek National Radio-Television Corporation)
- Elvene Rundt Trondheimsfjorden (Norwegian: Rivers around Trondheim Fjord)
- Email Response Time
- Emergency Reference Time
- Emergency Response Team (FEMA)
- Emergency Response Technology (National Technology Transfer Center)
- Emergency Response Temps (The Freecycle Network)
- Emergency Room Technician
- Emilia Romagna Teatro Fondazione (Modena, Italy)
- Emission Reduction Technique
- Emotional Rebalance Therapy
- Employee Relations Team (various organizations)
- Encoder Receiver Transmitter
- Energy Resonance Technology
- Engineering Readiness Test
- Engineering Review Team
- Enhanced Reconnaissance and Targeting
Samples in periodicals archive:
A pioneering solar-power development centre has won a lucrative contract to power emergency roadside telephones.
Other duties include answering emergency roadside telephones and setting signs to give drivers better information on their journey.
IMPROVED emergency roadside telephones, which are safer and easier to use, are to be installed on English motorways in a multi-million operation, the government announced today.