The cases against the two leaders were pending before the High Court after they challenged the legality of the trials in special courts under tough Emergency Power Rules (EPR).
What does EPR stand for?
EPR stands for Emergency Power Rules
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of EPR
We have 230 other meanings of EPR in our Acronym Attic
- Eastern Paranormal Research (Maryland)
- Education, Practice and Research (New York State Nurses Association; Latham, NY)
- Educational Psychology Review
- Einstein, Podolsky, and Rosen (quantum paradox)
- Ejército Popular Revolucionario (Spanish: Popular Revolutionary Army; Mexico)
- Electrical Power Requirement
- Electrochemical Potentiometer Reactivation
- Electron Paramagnetic Resonance
- Electronic Patient Record(s)
- Emergency Planning Room
- Emergency Preparedness and Response (US DHS)
- Employee Performance Review (various organizations)
- Employee Profile Record
- Encryption Pause/Resume (Bluetooth)
- Endpoint Reference
- Energy Profit Ratio (alternative energies)
- Engine Pressure Ratio
- Engine/Exhaust Pressure Ratio
- Engineer Photographic and Reproduction (US Navy)
- Engineering Planning Request
Samples in periodicals archive:
The government earlier announced that the country's nearly two-year old emergency will be lifted while the relevant clause of the Emergency Power Rules, which so far barred the staging of rallies and meetings, would be scrapped to facilitate electioneering.
Dhaka: Bangladesh's High Court has disqualified graft convicts who were tried under Emergency Power Rules (EPR) and sentenced to no less than a two-year term from competing in upcoming polls.