Thomas Graves, emergency management director, said the town received a Federal Emergency Management Performance grant, which will pay for the majority of supplies needed for the project.
What does EMPG stand for?
EMPG stands for Emergency Management Performance Grant
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of EMPG
We have 10 other meanings of EMPG in our Acronym Attic
- Emerging Markets Private Equity
- Extra-Mural Penal Employment (Kenya)
- Exudative Malignant Pleural Effusions
- Emerging Markets Private Equity Association (Washington, DC)
- Emerging Markets Private Equity Conference
- European-Mediterranean Parametric Earthquake Catalogue
- Energy Management Professional Enhancement Program
- Electronics Manufacturing Productivity Facility
- Edinburgh Mathematical Physics Group (Scotland, UK)
- Education Media and Publishing Group
- Emergency Management Planning Group (Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada)
- European Mathematical Psychology Group (psychological research)
- Experimental Mineralogy, Petrology and Geochemistry (conference)
- European Master of Public Health (degree)
- Evers Mobiele PC (Personal Computer) Helpdesk (Dutch support service)
- Early Modern Philosophy and the Scientific Imagination Seminar (University of London; UK)
- Estuarine Morphology and Processes Holistic Assessment System
- Euro-Mediterranean Public Health Information System
- East Midlands Public Health Observatory (UK)
- East Metropolitan Population Health Unit (Department of Health; Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
HSGP is comprised of five separate groups: - State Homeland Security Program (SHSP) - Urban Areas Security Initiative (UASI) - Operation Stonegarden - Metropolitan Medical Response System (MMRS) - Citizen Corps Program (CCP) FY2010 Emergency Management Performance Grant (EMPG) Application Deadline: January 22, 2010 The purpose of FY2010 EMPG is to assist State and local governments in enhancing and sustaining all-hazards emergency management capabilities.
IAEM and NEMA lobbied extensively to strengthen FEMA's emergency management authority, bring preparedness back into FEMA as part of the comprehensive emergency management model, and increase funding for and maintain the natural disaster components of emergency management performance grants.
According to Sanko, Preparedness Committee issues include the Emergency Management Performance Grant, Standards and Accreditation, Baseline Assessments, Planning, Training and Exercises, Public Warning, Information Technology, Interoperability, Hazardous Materials/Chemical Stockpile Emergency Preparedness Program and Radiological Emergency Preparedness.
to add $100 million in funding to the emergency management performance grant program (EMPG).
It is estimated that under FEMA's Emergency Management Training and Assistance there would be $388 million available to include $25 million for interoperability, $25 million for urban search and rescue teams, $20 million for community emergency response teams and $60 million for emergency management performance grants.