A letter to be published in the May issue of Annals of Emergency Medicine argues that pre-authorization process is akin to health care "rationing by hassle factor" ("Insurance Prior Authorization Approval Does Not Substantially Lengthen the Emergency Department Length of Stay for Patients with Psychiatric Conditions").
What does EDLOS stand for?
EDLOS stands for Emergency Department Length of Stay (healthcare)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Étoile de la Mort (French: Death Star)
- Extended Data Life Management (Quantum)
- Loemuhle (airport code; Germany)
- Dusseldorf/Moenchengladbach (airport code; Germany)
- Éclaireurs de la Nature (French: Scouts of Nature)
- Estimated Date of Loss to the Navy (US Navy)
- English & Dramatic Literature Organization (New York University; New York)
- Everyday Low Offer
- Extended-Day Learning Opportunities (National School Boards Association)
- Oerlinghausen (airport code; Germany)
- Écuries de la Princesse (French: Stables of Princess; horses)
- Educational Department of Liaoning Province (China)
- Educational Leadership and Policy Studies (university course; various locations)
- Estudiantes de la Plata (Argentine sports club)
- Every Day Low Prices
- Paderborn/Lippstadt (airport code; Germany)
- Enhanced Data Link Platform Implementation
- Educational Leadership and Policy Studies (University of Washington)
- Enfants de la Rue (French: Street Children; Madagascar)
- Haxterberg (airport code; Germany)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Faculty triage shortens emergency department length of stay.
21, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Massachusetts' 2009 ban on ambulance diversion not only did not increase emergency department length of stay or ambulance turnaround time but may actually have led to improvements in both areas, according to a study published online today in Annals of Emergency Medicine("The Effect of an Ambulance Diversion Ban on Emergency Department Length of Stay and Ambulance Turnaround Time").