The study showed that emergency department length of stay declined by 2 hrs and 14 minutes (46% decrease) for those requiring radiology department ultrasound and nearly 6 hours (68% decrease) for those requiring CT scan when point-of-care ultrasound was inconclusive as a first-line imaging study.
What does EDLOS stand for?
EDLOS stands for Emergency Department Length of Stay (healthcare)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Étoile de la Mort (French: Death Star)
- Extended Data Life Management (Quantum)
- Loemuhle (airport code; Germany)
- Dusseldorf/Moenchengladbach (airport code; Germany)
- Éclaireurs de la Nature (French: Scouts of Nature)
- Estimated Date of Loss to the Navy (US Navy)
- English & Dramatic Literature Organization (New York University; New York)
- Everyday Low Offer
- Extended-Day Learning Opportunities (National School Boards Association)
- Oerlinghausen (airport code; Germany)
- Écuries de la Princesse (French: Stables of Princess; horses)
- Educational Department of Liaoning Province (China)
- Educational Leadership and Policy Studies (university course; various locations)
- Estudiantes de la Plata (Argentine sports club)
- Every Day Low Prices
- Paderborn/Lippstadt (airport code; Germany)
- Enhanced Data Link Platform Implementation
- Educational Leadership and Policy Studies (University of Washington)
- Enfants de la Rue (French: Street Children; Madagascar)
- Haxterberg (airport code; Germany)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Faculty triage shortens emergency department length of stay.
A letter to be published in the May issue of Annals of Emergency Medicine argues that pre-authorization process is akin to health care "rationing by hassle factor" ("Insurance Prior Authorization Approval Does Not Substantially Lengthen the Emergency Department Length of Stay for Patients with Psychiatric Conditions").