In accordance with the direction in those reports, and in consultation with congressional staff, we are reporting on (1) actions taken by the Department of Homeland Security's Office of Emergency Communications (OEC) to establish the Emergency Communications Preparedness Center (ECPC) and (2) challenges OEC and ECPC officials reported that could affect interagency coordination through ECPC.
What does EMCOMM stand for?
EMCOMM stands for Emergency Communications (amateur radio)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Experimental Murine Cerebral Malaria
- Electron Microscopy Center for Materials Research
- Edmonton Mennonite Centre for Newcomers (Canada)
- Ecological Monitoring Coordinating Office (environmental science; Environment Canada)
- Egyptian Maritime Consultant Office (est. 1992)
- Environmental Management Committee Office (Theun-Hinboun Power Company)
- ESF (European Science Foundation) Management Committee for the ODP (Ocean Drilling Programme)
- Etobicoke Muslim Community Organization (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- European Muon Coordination and Oversight Group
- Environmental Management Career Opportunities for Minorities
- Electromagnetic Emission Control
- Emanation Control
- Emergency Condition
- Emission Control
- Emitter Controlled (Diodes)
- Emission Control System
- Environmental Management Center Opportunities Resource
- Electro-Magnetically Coupled Patch Antenna
- Electro-Mechanical Comfort Provider (Pakistan)
- Electromagnetic Communications Program
Samples in periodicals archive:
Before the August break, a Senate panel approved legislation that would make changes to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the full House voted to establish an emergency communications office at DHS.
The pair, and others in the Santa Clarita Amateur Radio Club, were participating in a nationwide 24-hour emergency communications test and contest, sponsored by Amateur Radio Relay League, a Connecticut-based nonprofit membership association for ham radio operators.
Comprehensive Mobile Emergency Communications Program to Provide District with Continuity of 9-1-1 Operations During Large-Scale Events LONGMONT, Colo.
will hold a live demonstration of emergency communications abilities from 11 a.
The Ultraphone 200 Transportable wireless telephone systems are being offered under two specially designed programs in response to the growing need to have dedicated emergency communications restoration systems on hand to respond to emergencies immediately.
Mobile Emergency Communications Program Provides Operational Continuity for Public Safety Agencies of All Sizes LONGMONT, Colo.
``Everything went smoothly and our emergency communications worked very well.