Its only piece lacking direct experimental observation is the mechanism of electroweak symmetry breaking, providing with mass the weak gauge bosons and it is related to the appearance of the SM Higgs boson.
What does EWSB stand for?
EWSB stands for Electroweak Symmetry Breaking (theoretical particle physics)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EWSB
- Extended Workplace Solutions
- Extreme Wide Shot (video photography)
- Eye Wash Station
- Eyes Wide Shut (Stanley Kubrick movie)
- Enterprise-Wide Scheduling & Registration (military mealthcare system)
- Enterprise-Wide Scheduling and Registration (system)
- Europäischer Wirtschafts- und Sozialausschuss
- European Workshop on Software Architectures
- Emergency Wartime Supplemental Appropriations Act
- East Winds Symphonic Band (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Elite War Shark Battalion
- Eternal Words Spelling Bee (California)
- East Washington School Corporation (Perkin, IN)
- East West Securities Co. (San Francisco, CA)
- Eastern Wisconsin Stock Car (Plymouth, WI)
- Essen-Werdener Segel-Club (German: Essen Werden Sailing Club)
- Excess Water Storage Capacity
- Extended-Wear Soft Contact Lens
- Estonian Winter School in Computer Science
- Early Warning Storm Detection
Samples in periodicals archive:
In seeking the agent of electroweak symmetry breaking, we hope to learn why the everyday world is as we find it: why atoms, chemistry, and stable structures can exist," writes theoretical physicist Chris Quigg of Fermilab.
SM postulates that the origin of electroweak symmetry breaking is the Higgs mechanism.