At the company's Global Production Center in Japan, engineers develop a set of electronic work instructions for each workstation and translate it in four different languages.
What does EWI stand for?
EWI stands for Electronic Work Instruction
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of EWI
We have 44 other meanings of EWI in our Acronym Attic
- Edison Welding Institute
- Education Wellington International (New Zealand)
- Education With Industry (USAF)
- Educational Weather Information
- Eijkman-Winkler Institute
- Einführung in die Wirtschaftsinformatik
- Electric Wind Instrument
- Electro World, Inc. (Oviedo, Florida)
- Electronic Warfare Intelligence
- Electronic Wind Instrument (music)
- Elliott Wave International
- Emailing While Intoxicated
- Encountering the World of Islam (Littleton, CO)
- Energiewerke Isernhagen
- Energiewirtschaftlichen Instituts
- Engineering Work Instructions
- Enhanced Waveform Interpolative
- Entered Without Inspection
- Enterprise Wide Initiatives (MIT)
- Enterprise Wide Integration
Samples in periodicals archive:
These capabilities include material reporting, asset management, laboratory data logging, production dispatching, Electronic Batch Record (EBR) management and electronic work instruction execution and workflows.
Additionally, an electronic work instruction system powered by Visiprise provided standardized, digital work instructions, reducing hours per unit, scrap and rework during production.
Enhanced role-based electronic work instructions (eWI) can more easily be updated by business users, without the need for IT involvement.
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics developed the Electronic Work Instructions (EWI) project as a competitive measure of product quality, and business processes and infrastructure for the design and manufacture of the aircraft.
Lockheed Martin also is implementing the BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management solution to monitor the components of its electronic work instructions (EWI) application, which provides detailed manufacturing steps to workers on its production line.
Through Intercim Velocity, customers can: -- Interact with "Active Work Instructions(TM)" where a single user portal receives detailed electronic work instructions and sends progress information to any associated applications -- Electronically deliver, modify, and track processes, resource requirements, build books and test procedures -- Perform electronic at-the-workplace labor collection and generate approval or buyoff signatures -- Report real-time work status and capture key quality data anywhere from out-of-spec trends to process capability.
The system enables Electronic Work Instructions to guide operators through proper production steps and take automatic Corrective Action.