Feature improvements of the Tiger HAD variant include two enhanced MTR390 turboshaft engines that provide 14 percent more power, improved ballistic protection, a new optronic sighting system, the capability to target and launch Hellfire air-to-surface missiles, an evolved electronic warfare suite, and an IFF (identification, friend or foe) interrogation system.
What does EWS stand for?
EWS stands for Electronic Warfare Suite
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of EWS
We have 111 other meanings of EWS in our Acronym Attic
- Earth Wheel Sky (band)
- East Wiltshire School (Cornwall, Prince Edward Island, Canada)
- East Woods School (Long Island, NY)
- Eastern Washington State
- Economically Weaker Section
- Education Welfare Service (UK)
- Egypt Web Solutions
- Electrical Wafer Sorting (operation of electrically testing dice on a silicon wafer)
- Electronic Warfare Simulator
- Electronic Warfare Squadron
- Electronic Warfare Supervisor/System
- Electronic Warfare Support
- Electronic Weather Station (various companies)
- Electronic Weighing Scale
- Electronic Wood Systems (various locations)
- Embedded Web Server (HP printers that have ethernet and server capability)
- Emergency Warning System
- Emergency Water Supply
- Emerson Waldorf School (Chapel Hill, NC)
- Emerson, Wajdowicz Studios (design firm; New York, NY)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Under that agreement, the US government will provide AESA radars, structural upgrades, improved avionics and expanded electronic warfare suites.
The state-of-the-art vessels will also be fitted with anti-ship missiles and air-defence missiles; 3D surveillance, navigation and fire control radars; and a multi-vendor electronic warfare suite.
The ubiquity of UAVs on the battlefield means that there is likely to be considerable scope for the development of electronic warfare suites for such platforms, both to protect them from threats and to enable them to conduct electronic warfare activities.
The Harpoon II is an advanced, accurate missile, capable of overcoming the countermeasures and electronic warfare suites generally available for defense.
BAE Systems is also responsible for the information & electronic warfare suite of the F-35, and delivered the first example in August 2004.
ITT Exelis (NYSE: XLS) has completed extensive electromagnetic compatibility testing of its Advanced Integrated Defensive Electronic Warfare Suite, or AIDEWS, at Edwards Air Force Base, Calif.
As per the contract, ITT Exelis will supply 12 airborne integrated defensive electronic warfare suites, in addition to spares and support equipment to the Oman Air Force and will carried out the work at its Exelis Electronic Systems division in Clifton, N.