Jason Leigh, Director of the Electronic Visualization Laboratory (evl) at the University of Illinois, Chicago, emphasizes the importance and key elements of visualization's growing role in re-energizing interest in the sciences.
What does EVL stand for?
EVL stands for Electronic Visualization Laboratory
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EVL
We have 27 other meanings of EVL in our Acronym Attic
- Elk Valley Job Seekers (Canada)
- Eerder Verworven Kwalificaties (Dutch: Previously Acquired Qualifications)
- Elektronik Von Kerschhaggl (German: Electronics from Kerschhaggl; est. 1982; Austria)
- Elektronisch Visualisieren Klassifizieren (German: Electronic Visualization classifying; Austria)
- Emerald Valley Kitchen
- Empfohlener Verkaufspreis (German)
- Ensemble Vocal Katimavik (Montreal, Quebec, Canada)
- Ethyl Vinyl Ketone (chemistry)
- Evangelisches Krankenhaus (German: Lutheran Hospital)
- Échafaudages Volants Lussac (French: Flying Scaffolding Lussac; Lussac, France)
- Ellicottville, New York
- Emergency Vehicle Locator
- Endoscopic Variceal Ligation
- Enduits du Val de Loire (French: Coatings of the Loire Valley; Loire Valley, France)
- Ensemble Vocal de Lyon (French vocal ensemble)
- Ensemble Vocal du Lauragais (French music ensemble)
- Ensemble Vocal Lausanne (Swiss vocal ensemble)
- European Veterinary Laboratory (Netherlands)
- Evaluation Test Unit
- Existing Value List
Samples in periodicals archive:
It's the Electronic Visualization Laboratory, a distinguished group of scientists and designers, funded by such notable sources as the National Science Foundation, the National Institutes of Health and the Office of Naval Research.
The output was viewed on a display of 55 screens of the Electronic Visualization Laboratory of the University of Illinois, resulting in a total resolution of 17,600 x 6,000 pixels.
University of California, San Diego California Institute for Telecommunications and Information Technology University of Illinois at Chicago Electronic Visualization Laboratory CONTRIBUTORS Digital Cinema Technology Forum (Japan) Digital Cinema Consortium of Japan National Institute of Information and Communications Technology (Japan) Olympus Corporation Toppan Printing Sony Electronics, Inc Silicon Graphics, Inc.
corporations connecting to Darkstrand will now gain access to NCSA's vast research and technological capabilities along with those of other Darkstrand Network partners, including: Calit2 at the University of California, San Diego; the New Mexico Computing Applications Center; the Ohio Supercomputer Center; the Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center; and the Electronic Visualization Laboratory at the University of Illinois, Chicago.
research community, the Electronic Visualization Laboratory (EVL) at the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) has acquired a dedicated 10 gigabit per second (Gbps) wavelength on the National LambdaRail (NLR) infrastructure from Chicago to San Diego.
Cutting Edge Electronic Visualization Laboratory Joins Darkstrand Network, Enabling Corporate Access to Advanced Visualization and Networking Technologies
4 /PRNewswire/ -- Glimmerglass, a supplier of Transparent Connectivity solutions, and the Electronic Visualization Laboratory (EVL) at the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) today announced a partnership to support the development of a new class of compute-intensive applications running on high-performance computers configured into grids that are interconnected with fiber-optic links.