As the healthcare industry moves toward a fully automated system featuring electronic protected health information (ePHI) and clinical data warehousing, even more data is at risk and more breaches are imminent.
What does EPHI stand for?
EPHI stands for Electronic Protected Health Information (HIPAA)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EPHI
We have 2 other meanings of EPHI in our Acronym Attic
- Encryption Plus for Hard Disk
- Electronic Public Health Development Project
- École Pratique des Hautes Études (French: Practical School of Advanced Studies)
- Emulated Peripherals for High pErformance Microcontrollers
- Enhancement-Mode Pseudomorphic High Electron Mobility Transistor
- European Public Health and Environment Network (UK)
- Edmonton Power Historical Foundation (Canada)
- East Pasco Habitat for Humanity (Dade City, FL)
- EDSA (Epifanio de los Santos Avenue) Properties Holdings, Inc. (est. 1987; Philippines)
- Electronic Personal Health Information
- Employer-Provided Health Insurance
- Environmental Public Health Indicator
- East Price Hill Improvement Association (Cincinnati, OH)
- Electron Proton Helium Instrument
- Education Program for Health Informatics Professionals
- Environnement Professionnel Horlogerie Joaillerie (French: Professional Watchmaking - Jewelry Environment)
- Eastern Professional Hockey League (Canada)
- Esargee Property Holdings Limited (Christchurch, New Zealand)
- Environmental Public Health Leadership Institute (US CDC and National Public Health Leadership Development Network)
- European Public Health Law Network (EU)
Samples in periodicals archive:
To date, most of the breaches of electronic protected health information have been the result of human error or oversight, such as the theft or loss of an unencrypted laptop or mobile device.
The investigation by the HHS Office for Civil Rights (OCR) followed a breach report submitted by MEEI, as required by the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH) Breach Notification Rule, reporting the theft of an unencrypted personal laptop containing the electronic protected health information (ePHI) of MEEI patients and research subjects.
In addition, the organization must commit to consistently monitoring the safeguards and processes to ensure the security of the electronic protected health information (ePHI).
This agreement promises Michigan patients the opportunity to control the sharing of their electronic Protected Health Information (PHI) based on personal preferences and will allow patients to view a record of every instance of access to their PHI.
The intent is to protect the integrity, confidentiality and availability of Electronic Protected Health Information (EPHI) when in transit or at rest.
Despite the care taken in crafting the security rules, any organization that handles electronic protected health information (PHI) now faces some challenges in how to get into and main in compliance-or face the penalties, which include fines up to $250,000 and even imprisonment.
Online Tech is committed to working with BA's to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of electronic protected health information (ePHI) with their independently audited HIPAA compliant data centers.