The health care entities GAO studied reported that they implement disclosure practices that reflect widely accepted practices for safeguarding personal information-the Fair Information Practices-to help ensure the appropriate use and disclosure of electronic personal health information for treatment purposes.
What does EPHI stand for?
EPHI stands for Electronic Personal Health Information
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of EPHI
We have 2 other meanings of EPHI in our Acronym Attic
- El Paso Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (El Paso, TX)
- Encryption Plus for Hard Disk
- Electronic Public Health Development Project
- École Pratique des Hautes Études (French: Practical School of Advanced Studies)
- Emulated Peripherals for High pErformance Microcontrollers
- Enhancement-Mode Pseudomorphic High Electron Mobility Transistor
- European Public Health and Environment Network (UK)
- Edmonton Power Historical Foundation (Canada)
- East Pasco Habitat for Humanity (Dade City, FL)
- EDSA (Epifanio de los Santos Avenue) Properties Holdings, Inc. (est. 1987; Philippines)
- Electronic Protected Health Information (HIPAA)
- Employer-Provided Health Insurance
- Environmental Public Health Indicator
- East Price Hill Improvement Association (Cincinnati, OH)
- Electron Proton Helium Instrument
- Education Program for Health Informatics Professionals
- Environnement Professionnel Horlogerie Joaillerie (French: Professional Watchmaking - Jewelry Environment)
- Eastern Professional Hockey League (Canada)
- Esargee Property Holdings Limited (Christchurch, New Zealand)
- Environmental Public Health Leadership Institute (US CDC and National Public Health Leadership Development Network)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Department of Health & Human Services, invited leading organizations with health IT interests to join in making data securely, conveniently and easily available to consumers, and engaging them in efforts to use their own electronic personal health information to improve their care and well-being.
The company adheres to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Privacy Rule, which protects the privacy of personal health information (PHI) and provides rights to patients over their PHI, and the HIPAA Security Rule, which sets national standards for the security of electronic personal health information.
It is imperative that we have the administrative, physical and technical safeguards in place to serve our clients in a way that protects the confidentiality and integrity of their electronic personal health information.
Electronic Personal Health Information (ePHI) access in general and with Windows detail
Sharing electronic personal health information (EPHI) among a person's health care providers can ensure that the patient is prescribed the most appropriate treatment based on his/her medical history.
Cook County's far-reaching plan aims to integrate electronic personal health information with up-to-date medical research and treatment options at the health system's provider facilities.
The product also lets patients preregister for hospital appointments online using their electronic personal health information to populate hospital forms in advance.