It is imperative that we have the administrative, physical and technical safeguards in place to serve our clients in a way that protects the confidentiality and integrity of their electronic personal health information.
What does EPHI stand for?
EPHI stands for Electronic Personal Health Information
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of EPHI
We have 2 other meanings of EPHI in our Acronym Attic
- El Paso Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (El Paso, TX)
- Encryption Plus for Hard Disk
- Electronic Public Health Development Project
- École Pratique des Hautes Études (French: Practical School of Advanced Studies)
- Emulated Peripherals for High pErformance Microcontrollers
- Enhancement-Mode Pseudomorphic High Electron Mobility Transistor
- European Public Health and Environment Network (UK)
- Edmonton Power Historical Foundation (Canada)
- East Pasco Habitat for Humanity (Dade City, FL)
- EDSA (Epifanio de los Santos Avenue) Properties Holdings, Inc. (est. 1987; Philippines)
- Electronic Protected Health Information (HIPAA)
- Employer-Provided Health Insurance
- Environmental Public Health Indicator
- East Price Hill Improvement Association (Cincinnati, OH)
- Electron Proton Helium Instrument
- Education Program for Health Informatics Professionals
- Environnement Professionnel Horlogerie Joaillerie (French: Professional Watchmaking - Jewelry Environment)
- Eastern Professional Hockey League (Canada)
- Esargee Property Holdings Limited (Christchurch, New Zealand)
- Environmental Public Health Leadership Institute (US CDC and National Public Health Leadership Development Network)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The health care entities GAO studied reported that they implement disclosure practices that reflect widely accepted practices for safeguarding personal information-the Fair Information Practices-to help ensure the appropriate use and disclosure of electronic personal health information for treatment purposes.
Department of Health & Human Services, invited leading organizations with health IT interests to join in making data securely, conveniently and easily available to consumers, and engaging them in efforts to use their own electronic personal health information to improve their care and well-being.
The product also lets patients preregister for hospital appointments online using their electronic personal health information to populate hospital forms in advance.
As a critical next step, ONC/FTC regulations must prioritize ensuring that healthcare consumers have access to and control over their electronic personal health information.
announced today that more than 75 clients have selected P2Sentinel(TM) Enterprise -- a Cerner solution powered by the SenSage family of enterprise security analytics software that aggregates, monitors and investigates security events, strengthening Electronic Personal Health Information (EPHI) protection and HIPAA compliance.
HIPAA requires strict access control and reporting for: * Access authorization to health record systems * Electronic Personal Health Information (ePHI) access in general and with Windows detail * ePHI access by administrative users "Healthcare is one of the most regulated industries, especially in the area of patient privacy," said Simon Khalaf, president and chief executive officer of Vernier Networks.
With these capabilities, P2Sentinel Enterprise complements a healthcare organization's efforts to assure authorized access of Electronic Personal Health Information (EPHI).