com/prnh/20111201/LA15520LOGO) "With the advent of monitoring commercial vehicle driver hours of service through electronic on-board recorders, the importance of knowing not only where the closest truck stop is but also the corresponding space availability is now a 'must-have' for the commercial vehicle marketplace," said Chris Murray, President and CEO, Kapsch TrafficCom North America.
What does EOBR stand for?
EOBR stands for Electronic On-Board Recorder
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of EOBR in our Acronym Attic
- Ecology and Organismal Biology (Eastern Michigan University)
- Employees Oldage Benefits Institution (Pakistan)
- Eastern Ohio Bigfoot Investigation Center (Newcomerstown, OH)
- Existing Object (AutoCAD)
- Ed Ott Baseball League (fantasy baseball)
- Extensiveness of Blank Lines
- Eastern Ontario Biodiversity Museum (Canada)
- Earth Observation Business Network (Canada)
- Early-Onset Bipolar Disorder
- Eyes of Broken Promise (band)
- Electronic Order of Battle System
- Engineering and Operations in the Bell System (AT&T book)
- European Online Billing Systems
- Enemy Observation Report
- Electron and Optical Beam Testing (symposium)
- Estimated Off Block Time
- Expert Opinion in Biological Therapy (journal)
- Evolutionary and Organismal Biology Unit (Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research; Bangalore, India)
- Chief Engineering Aide (Naval Rating)
- Chief Equipment Operator (Naval Rating)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Drivewyze PreClear leverages cellular networks and the internet to enable tablets, smartphones, and select Electronic On-Board Recorders (EOBRs) with transponder-like functionality.
ELECTRONIC ON-BOARD RECORDERS (EOBRS) The new law also contains a provision to require electronic on-board recorders for heavy trucks engaged in interstate commerce, but this provision continues to be debated.
Watkins joined the committee to contribute his experience gained over the past decade in developing the electronic on-board recorder (EOBR) functionality for inthinc solutions.
Rand McNally's complete line of mobile fleet solutions include: * TPC 7600: A fully compliant electronic on-board recorder that tracks and manages Hours of Service, with back-end monitoring via a web portal, two-way communication with the ability to send email attachments, Rand McNally navigation, on-board scanning and printing, in-cab video playback plus connectivity via cellular and Wi-Fi communications.
The research discusses the penetration of various telematics services such as remote vehicle diagnostics, prognostics, navigation and electronic on-board recorders on the total embedded fleet management systems (FMS) units available in North American MCV and HCV vehicles.
The bill addresses the need for electronic on-board recorders (EOBRs) to reduce truck driver fatigue, establishes a clearinghouse for controlled substance and alcohol testing records of CMV operators, calls for improved occupant protection in motorcoaches and a study of the safety and infrastructure effects of increasing truck size and weight limits.
inthinc addresses this with its electronic on-board recorder (EOBR) to maintain accurate HOS logs, which automatically track driving time and other operational information.