From computer monitors hundreds of miles away, today's electronic intensive care unit programs track patient vitals 24/7 and alert doctors before complications occur.
What does eICU stand for?
eICU stands for Electronic Intensive Care Unit
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 2 other meanings of eICU in our Acronym Attic
- Extended Intensive Care Service (various locations)
- Planning of European Institute for Complexity Studies (Israel)
- Eastern Inter-Club Ski League (New Hampshire)
- European Indicators, Cyberspace and the Science-Technology-Economy System
- Electrical Impedance Computerized Tomography
- Erode Institute of Chemical Technology Polytechnic College (India)
- Euglycemic Insulin Clamp Technique (neuroscience)
- Externally Derived Isovolumic Contraction Time (atrial fibrillation)
- European Information and Communication Technology Association (lobbying; Brussels, Belgium)
- Ethiopian Information and Communication Technology Development Agency
- Electronic Idle Control Valve (automotive)
- Europe Immo Conseil Voisins (French: Europe Neighbors Realty Board)
- Emergency Individual Cell Voltage Monitoring System
- Equivalent Ionic Core Virtual Orbital Model
- Edinburgh International Centre for World Spiritualities (Edinburgh, Scotland, UK)
- ECPAT (End Child Prostitution, Child Pornography and Trafficking of Children for Sexual Purposes) International Child and Youth Advisory Committee
- Earliest Induction Date
- Earned Income Disregard
- Ecological Interface Design
- Ed Is Dead (Pixies song)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The network invests in patient-oriented information technology, such as medication bar coding, the electronic intensive care unit and the electronic health record.
The Sutter network is investing in patient-oriented information technology, such as medication bar coding, the electronic intensive care unit and the electronic health record.