With the advent of modern computers a decade later, police turned to electronic facial identification techniques, or e-fits, a computerised method of synthesizing images to produce facial composites of wanted criminals based on eyewitness descriptions.
What does EFIT stand for?
EFIT stands for Electronic Facial Identification Technique (law enforcement software; Alexandria, VA)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of EFIT
We have 3 other meanings of EFIT in our Acronym Attic
- Electronic Flight Instrument System Comparator Unit
- Education Forum International School of English (California)
- England France Ireland Scotland Germany and Aboriginal Lands
- Electric Field-Induced Second-Harmonic
- Electric Field Induced Surface Photovoltage Spectroscopy
- Electronic Flight Instrument System Signal Generator
- Eastern Finland International Summer Term (applied sciences coursework)
- EFI (Extensible Firmware Interface) System Partition (computer operating system)
- Edinburgh Functional Impairment Test
- Elastodynamic Finite Integration Technique (wave propogation)
- Engineer, Furnish, Install and Test
- Engineer, Furnish, Install, Test & Maintain
- European Federation for Information Technology in Agriculture, Food and the Environment
- Everton Football in the Community (Liverpool, UK)
- Earth First Journal (est. 1979; Tuscon, AZ)
- École Française de Journalisme (French: French School of Journalism)
- Educating for Justice (est. 2000)
- Environmental Foundation of Jamaica
- Equipment Financing Journal (R.H. Caruso & Co.)
- European Federation of Journalists
Samples in periodicals archive:
E-fit is short for Electronic Facial Identification Technique.