25 /PRNewswire/ -- ABBYY, a leading provider of document recognition, data capture and linguistic software, today announced that it will donate 250 copies of its English-Russian Lingvo electronic dictionary product to faculty and students at top learning institutions across the country.
What does EDICT stand for?
EDICT stands for Electronic Dictionary (Jim Breen's Japanese-English dictionary)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EDICT
We have 2 other meanings of EDICT in our Acronym Attic
- European Diploma in Intensive Care Medicine (European Society of Intensive Care Medicine)
- Explain Demonstrate Imitate Critique (military aviation training method)
- Electronic Data Interchange Council of Australia
- Electronic Data Interchange Council of Canada
- Ecumenical Documentation and Information Centre for Eastern and Southern Africa (Harare, Zimbabwe)
- Electronic Data Interchange in China
- Ecumenical Documentation and Information Centre in Southern Africa (Harare, Zimbabwe)
- Editors Information Classification Scheme
- Emergency Deployable Interoperable Communications System
- Epsom Downs Integrated Care Services (UK NHS)
- Electronic Document Image Capture and Transfer (software)
- Eliminating Disparities in Clinical Trials
- European Drug Initiative on Channels and Transporters (EU)
- Evaluation and Demonstration of Innovative City Transport (research project; EU)
- Electronic Data Interchange Council of the United States of America
- Électronique Dépannage Informatique a Votre Domicile (French computer repair company)
- Endothelial-Derived Inhibitor of LDL (Low Density Lipoprotein) Degradation
- European Depression in Diabetes Research Consortium (est. 2001)
- Extended Display Identification Data
- Easy Does It Disability Assistance (Berkeley, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
An example of all four types of writing is given below: SHARP [TEXT NOT REPRODUCIBLE IN ASCII] romaji hiragana [TEXT NOT REPRODUCIBLE IN ASCII] [TEXT NOT REPRODUCIBLE IN ASCII] hiragana katakana [TEXT NOT REPRODUCIBLE IN ASCII] [TEXT NOT REPRODUCIBLE IN ASCII] kanji hiragana (Sharp's electronic dictionary is like a computer.
INTRODUCTION Electronic dictionary sometimes is reset by electrostatic interference.
Twenty-five runners-up will each win an electronic dictionary and a T-shirt.
My electronic dictionary can pronounce English words, so it is helpful to my studies.
Merriam-Webster Electronic Dictionary and Thesaurus offers more than 100, 000 words and 500,000 synonyms.
Consulting an electronic dictionary saves time for translators and other busy professionals, and Cysgeir will jump from English>Welsh to Welsh>English at the click of a mouse.
According to Casio Japan's biggest electronic dictionary maker sales for 2003 reached JPY49bn and are expected to rise 17% to JPY57bn in 2004.