Tracy Westen, founder and CEO of the Center for Governmental Studies in Los Angeles, writes in Electronic Democracy (Ready or Not, Here It Comes) that change in American politics will involve structural, even seismic shifts that will move [the] country away from its traditional reliance on "representative democracy" toward newer, emerging forms of "direct democracy.
What does EDEM stand for?
EDEM stands for Electronic Democracy (forum)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of EDEM
We have 1 other meaning of EDEM in our Acronym Attic
- Herrenteich (airport code; Germany)
- Échelles Différentielles d'Efficience Intellectuelle (French: Differential Scales of Intellectual Efficiency)
- Sistemul Extins de Implementare Descentralizata (Romania)
- Einkaufsgenossenschaft der Kolonialwarenhändler im Halleschen Torbezirk zu Berlin (German department store chain)
- Electronic Deliverable
- Énergie Durable dans les Entreprises de la Loire (French: Sustainable Energy Companies in the Loire)
- Electrificacion del Caroni (Spanish; Venezuelan hydroelectric power company)
- Epidemiology of Dying and End-of-Life Experience
- Elementary Education
- Experience pour Detecter les Wimps en Site Souterrain (French: Experiment to Detect WImps In Underground Site)
- Enterprise Development and Export Market (project; Albania)
- Entreprise Dombiste d'Electricité Modernisée (French electricity company)
- ER (Endoplasmic Reticulum) Degradation Enhancing Alpha-Mannosidase-Like
- Escuela de Empresarios (Spanish: Business School)
- European Daily Electricity Market (UK)
- Expectation-Driven Event Monitoring (computing)
- Experts in Discrete Element Modeling
- Early vs. Delayed Enteral Nutrition (study)
- Eating Disorders and Education Network
- Ecological Design Education Network
Samples in periodicals archive:
Highlighting the unique determinants and challenges in different global regions, they consider such topics as online political participation in the 2008 US presidential election, a systems theory approach to electronic voting complexity, implications of electronic government in Botswana, electronic democracy strategies for empowerment and civic participation in India, and lessons from the United Arab Emirates on social media corporate policies for government organizations.
Electronic Democracy and the Civic Networking Movement in Context.
Cyberculture's impact on democracy, which Levy calls electronic democracy, poses perhaps the most startling contribution of this closely reasoned book.
Since e-government is often compartmentalized as either electronic service delivery or electronic democracy, the template adopted here provides a more holistic and encompassing point of departure, illustrating the various sorts of relational governance dynamics at play both within the public sector and outside of it.
Seventy papers have been accepted for the conference, covering topics as diverse as electronic democracy, the regulation of CCTV, computer crime and the impact of the Human Rights Act on privacy in the workplace.
It includes information on the legal and policy aspects of e-government and electronic democracy, cyber security, online privacy and public information policy, e-commerce, information technology and economic development, and telecommunications regulation.
Over two dozen faculty members from six academic departments work together in the Information Assurance Center to explore the problems of securing information in application areas ranging from software to networks to electronic democracy.