9780470638040 Electron flow in organic chemistry; a decision-based guide to organic mechanisms, 2d ed.
What does EF stand for?
EF stands for Electron Flow
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EF
We have 36 other meanings of EF in our Acronym Attic
- Edema Factor (microbiology; bacillary subunit of anthrax)
- Education First (internation English school)
- Education Foundation (various organizations)
- Educational Forum
- Ejection Fraction
- Ejection Fraction (cardiology)
- Elbow Flexor
- Electric Field
- Electro-Flechette (gaming, Missionforce: Cyberstorm)
- Electro-Focus (Canon Cameras)
- Electronic Filing
- Electronic Focusing
- Electronic Form
- Electronic Warfare Fighter (US military aircraft designation)
- Elegant Feeling (Hyundai)
- Elementary File
- Elementary Functions (TMN)
- Elite Force (Star Trek: Voyager computer game)
- Elite Four (gaming, Pokemon)
- Elizabeth Forward (school district, Pennsylvania)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Winkler developed laser flash-quench methods that opened the way for experimental investigations that have led to a deeper understanding of the mechanisms of electron flow through proteins that function in respiration and photosynthesis.
Such materials have been shown to be effective sensors for many gases, which bind to the nanotubes and impede electron flow.
Schaeffer is quite correct to point out that the other side of the electron flow issue--namely extracting electrons from a solid substrate--has been seen since it was first realized that elemental sulfur could serve as a source of electrons for both photosynthetic and chemolithotrophie microbes.
The electron flow involved in this process can be directly recovered as electricity when the RBEC is operated as a MFC.
Although several studies have suggested that propofol has a direct effect on oxidative phosphorylation, (2,21,22) it remains unclear whether propofol exerts this effect by uncoupling the mitochondrial electron flow (20) or by a protonophoric effect, increasing the proton influx across the inner mitochondrial membrane.
Now if you could train light to do what electron flows can do (switch on and off for the 0s and 1s of computer logic), you might really have something for this chip to do--like store and compute.
In the end, the electrons in the fuel cell are transferred to oxygen, so what we are really doing is putting a wire in between the microbe and the oxygen and harvesting this electron flow that otherwise would just go directly to oxygen.